i don't think i should invite friends to this forum

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

the only reason i am here is because i have nothing better to do. thats the truth. i was thinking of telling my girlfriend about this. thats probably actually a bad idea. this forum has ridiculous arguments and is sometimes depressing to me. yeah. thats how i feel about most of the internet so nobody get too offended

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

I've avoided letting anyone know about my participation on these forums because of how normal I seem here. I'm a friggin' poet when I'm typing compared to how I am in real life, and I'm afraid people will take one look at my posts here and think, "There's nothing wrong with you."

DC
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 9:27 pm

Jory wrote:
I'm a friggin' poet when I'm typing compared to how I am in real life

I know how you feel.

The Dr Seuss was very poetic btw. :lol:

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 9:27 pm

Jory wrote:
I've avoided letting anyone know about my participation on these forums because of how normal I seem here. I'm a friggin' poet when I'm typing compared to how I am in real life, and I'm afraid people will take one look at my posts here and think, "There's nothing wrong with you."
believe me i have the opposite problem. o yeah i forgot to say. i don't think i would want my friends to see my posts because this is where i seem to like to post all the stuff i can't tell people...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

14 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

Jory wrote:

Oh, I've had people on this forum actually suggest I don't have all that many problems because of how well I write.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 11:24 pm

I tell my friends about this site. I've never told my family about it. If I tell my family about it, my parents might become members and spy on me. They'd also find out what my username is, because my avatars give me away and they know that I've liked The Kinks from a very young age and that Mick Avory is my favourite and I identify with him because of my own looks. I'd be very pissed off if my parents read my posts.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 3:11 am

I think I have mentioned this forum several times to my mother and I have to my husband but I hope my mother doesn't come here. I don't want her to see what I write. I have invited my online friends here but they don't stick around. They both forgot about this place and the other found this place too depressing and too much drama and thought it was too much bitching and moaning here. My husband signed up here once but only made one post. He doesn't do forums anymore because he has poor spelling and people have made fun of him for it.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 3:20 am

I wouldn't invite my parents here cause I'm afraid they would snoop on me. I've mentioned aspie forums but I haven't specified. I've shown a thread or 2 to 1 friend. Otherwise I don't mention it. I would only show close friends, I wouldn't show people who did not know me very well.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:19 am

I have told my husband about this forum, and he knows my username. I don't know if he ever comes here though. I would be happy for him to come here because a lot of the stuff I write here is stuff I can't tell him but would like for him to know.

I haven't told friends & family (my family don't know I have been diagnosed with an ASD) and I don't think I would in case word got out to folk at work. Not because of colleagues, but because I have a number of students who may well also come to this site for support or just to read it to see whether others experience what they do and it would be rather awkward.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:50 am

Yeah. There are just some things I wouldn't feel comfortable with them reading because they wouldn't understand.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I tell my friends about this site. I've never told my family about it. If I tell my family about it, my parents might become members and spy on me. They'd also find out what my username is, because my avatars give me away and they know that I've liked The Kinks from a very young age and that Mick Avory is my favourite and I identify with him because of my own looks. I'd be very pissed off if my parents read my posts.

It is sad that you have to be so secretive around your family.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

Of course, if someone were bored enough and you used the same username across the internet, than you are one google search away. I think my family would be to embarrassed to come forward and say "I was spying on the internet about you..."

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
I wouldn't invite my parents here cause I'm afraid they would snoop on me. I've mentioned aspie forums but I haven't specified. I've shown a thread or 2 to 1 friend. Otherwise I don't mention it. I would only show close friends, I wouldn't show people who did not know me very well.

I'm quite sure if your parents were really nosy, they could find you here. They might just want to give you a sense of privacy.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

On the subject of my parents they have seen my screen and sometimes read my posts. I don't think they care what I write though.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

My wife knows of this site, but she doesn't participate on it. I may mention the site on occasion to people I know, but I don't expect any of them to come here.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
Of course, if someone were bored enough and you used the same username across the internet, than you are one google search away. I think my family would be to embarrassed to come forward and say "I was spying on the internet about you..."

They have to know your username first.