50 Reasons Why Some Women Date Jerks

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

http://www.plentyofdouchebags.net/top-5 ... ouchebags/

I don't agree with everything on this list, but I think most if it is so true.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 7:52 pm

Douchebags and jerks are NOT more passionate. Seriously, people, it's just a myth. In my experience, shy, awkward guys are often better lovers and more passionate than the conventionally hot guys = douchebags = "alpha" males.

And I'm not saying this because I want to make men on this forum feel better about their awkwardness. It's the truth. Sadly, many women don't realize this. But... It's the truth.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

deconstruction wrote:
Douchebags and jerks are NOT more passionate. Seriously, people, it's just a myth. In my experience, shy, awkward guys are often better lovers and more passionate than the conventionally hot guys = douchebags = "alpha" males.

And I'm not saying this because I want to make men on this forum feel better about their awkwardness. It's the truth. Sadly, many women don't realize this. But... It's the truth.

Well, that's 1 out of 50. As I said, a few don't, but most do resonate.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

Hahaha... Sorry, I found the first one that irritates me and I just had to post it here.

But yes, sadly, many women do date jerks. Which is NOT a reason for any nice, decent guy to become one.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

Sadly, the main reason that a girl will date a douchebag is that they don't know they are douchebags beforehand. A lot of them put on a "nice guy" front to try and lure a girl in. :/

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

Girls date jerks because there is something worse than being a jerk: Being a man with no unique personality, no self confidence and nothing to bring to the table except the ability to be 'nice', which lasts right up until sex happens, at which time they go back to whatever they usually act like. Yes, that was me. I got better.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Quote:
Jerks are big and important, didn’t you know?: Plenty of douchebags are sports players, rich doctors, and other “important people” who usually get a free pass to be a douchebag and get the ladies.

This one is the biggie. Douchebaggery is considered symptomatic of success.

I actually think this is an evolutionary leftover from the days when 15% of adults would die by murder, so it was harder to fake status and not be killed. Nowadays, I feel douchebaggery is almost vestigial as it relates to status.

But . . .

Quote:
Douchebags are powerful: Often, douchebags are powerful people in their regular lives, which is generally a turn-on for girls.

This list is f*****g redundant and was clearly written by some dumbass using one of those "Seven lists to a listier blog that listurbators list off to and increase your audience" rules of blogging.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

A good question is: WHY do we care why women like jerks?

(I don't mind this topic. I'm just not sure if we should care about jerks and why women date them).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 11:28 pm

How about #51. Because they're clueless.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2011, 1:11 am

A true jerk fools you and knows the exact things to say and do in order to keep you hanging on.

I hate jerks, but it seems like I always end up with one. :roll:

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 4:07 am

deconstruction wrote:

This is particularly true, a guy that appears assertive, aggressive and forward is assumed to be that way in the bedroom, women are more turned on by that appeal.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 7:47 am

Wolfheart wrote:
This is particularly true, a guy that appears assertive, aggressive and forward is assumed to be that way in the bedroom, women are more turned on by that appeal.

Well, even if you take "passionate" = "aggressive" (which I don't), I don't need anybody who'd be passionate in regular situations but when it comes to making love he's just... there. Selfish and uninspiring, because he thinks he's so hot I should be happy to be there. No thanks.

A guy needs to be passionate and assertive when it counts. I don't need his macho crap in regular, everyday situations. It says nothing about the kind of lover he is.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 8:53 am

Quote:
18.Douchebags are honest about being douchebags: Honesty about going for what you want is a sign of strength for many women.

21.Nice guys suffocate hot girls: Some hotties stay away from nice guys because once they get their hands on one, they’ll never have a free moment away from him.

22.Nice guys are too shy to say something: Often, nice guys take a more passive approach to dating, which means girls may not even know they’re being pursued.

23.Douchebags are persistent: Douches, on the other hand, are much more forward, making girls aware of their attraction.

46.They can smell nice guys’ desperation: Hot girls often stay away from “nice guys” because they start to get too clingy.

In reality these things have nothing to do with whether a guy is nice or a douche, but still are very true.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

I'm a fifty year old woman who dated a handful of jerks when I was young.
Reason being: I was available. I was available because of my asperger's. I had no social circle or proper family circle to introduce me to desirable men. A jerk is available because he's a jerk. Nobody wants him. I was a sitting duck for ANY jerk to take advantage of. MANY jerk women take advantage of aspie guys. Why? Because aspie guys are available...due to no caring social circle. The wolf always goes after the stray. Some women date jerks because they mistaken a big ego (narcissism) for true self-confidence. Women like self-confidence because it shows emotional maturity and gives the impression that the man knows what he wants EVEN if it isn't her. At least she knows where she stands in his life. The relationship won't drag out to long if it appears to not be working. Men must remember that women's biological clocks are ticking. It is true that the older you get wasting your time with a no-good man increases your chances of having an unhealthy child. If the woman is mentally stable, she will promptly leave the jerk when she discovers how truly rotten he is. Unfortunately, it takes time to get to know a person. Plus, it takes longer if you're busy with work and don't get get out often enough.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

deconstruction wrote:
A good question is: WHY do we care why women like jerks?

(I don't mind this topic. I'm just not sure if we should care about jerks and why women date them).

+1

The only reason I would care would be to be able to identify and avoid this type of woman...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 10:06 am

51. everyone needs a hobby