Never let your prescription run out.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2006, 4:32 pm

I let my Zoloft prescription run out Saturday and forgot to refill it. I was fine until about 4-hours ago when the withdrawals really started kicking in. I now feel really sick and have a pounding headache.... it's terrible. I guess my body is reminding me to fill my prescription the hard way. We'll see if I can last one more hour here at work.....

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

02 Oct 2006, 4:37 pm

Yeah if I knew i was about to run out I would break tablets in half and take half a dose
to average out the effects more.

I'm taking generic Prozac now. I never went cold turkey on it but it has such a long
half life it would be alot easier than Zolofot or Paxil (both of which I went cold turkey on)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2006, 6:32 pm

Huh. Didn't know Zoloft had withdrawal symptoms. I didn't notice anything when I went off it.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

02 Oct 2006, 8:14 pm

Actually your body can act funny without the meds because its so used to being on it. When I forget to take my meds, I get sick, I get nauseated, feel dizzy, sweat, hot flashes, I feel like sh!t. But I am okay for one day when I miss one dosage but I do get tired during the day and have to nap which is what I just did today. Tomrrow I would feel worse if I don't take my meds again so I am going to take them tonight.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 3:51 am

I take rispiridone, and whenever I stop taking it, I become hyperactive and twitchey. I also stop being able to sleep. But I actually feel a lot happier, at the same time.

Actually, I'm going to try and stop taking it altogether soon. It makes me depressed.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 5:14 am

Callista wrote:
Huh. Didn't know Zoloft had withdrawal symptoms. I didn't notice anything when I went off it.

I've taken a few different medications and had no trouble coming off them. But woah! Lexapro is a different story entirely. I don't wish those withdrawal symptoms on anyone.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 5:55 am

I was taken into a mad house once when my Zoloft ran out and the pharmacies were closed...

'Tis munny in my purse.

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 7:10 am

Your withdrawal symptoms sound like my several months of trying to stay on it long enough to get some good out of it. One day I just dumped all of it. No more bad effects of any kind. I still get depression when my Dead Days come, but overall, I'm better off, now. But drugs almost always do the opposite to me from what they are supposed to.

I'm convinced that many drugs cause my pituitary gland to charge me up with adrenalin all day long, in response to their effects. SSRIs give me the shakes, shut down my digestive system, and make me very emotional. <shrug> Sucks to be me? ... NAH!

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 9:13 am

SSRI's are one of those pills that you can't forget about. If I missed a Lexapro dosage I would have weird dreams and turn even more into a zombie. Forgetting to take Zoloft on the other hand turned my dreams into a gore fest. Whenever I woke up from a dream about some guy melting into a puddle of organs and blood I knew I missed a pill.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 9:45 am

I have Effexor, and if I miss even one dose, I feel muzzy, dizzy and get the 'brain zaps'. :( As soon as I take the next dose, I feel completely better literally within a couple of hours. It amazes me how fast it must get into and out of the system.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

03 Oct 2006, 9:50 am

Sorce wrote:
SSRI's are one of those pills that you can't forget about. If I missed a Lexapro dosage I would have weird dreams and turn even more into a zombie. Forgetting to take Zoloft on the other hand turned my dreams into a gore fest. Whenever I woke up from a dream about some guy melting into a puddle of organs and blood I knew I missed a pill.

I have notice going on a drug for the first time or off one will induce the weird dreams. Though they are alot weirder coming off an SSRI or sleeping pills.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 11:19 am

I take Zoloft and if i forget to take it i get a terrible headache. So i asked my dr. for free samples so if i run out i will still have the samples to fall back on. They are not the full dose but a starter dose but if you take 2 it is the same amount.