Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

I have really bad skinproblems.

It startet a few years ago, when I had scabies. ( It is caused by a tiny and usually not directly visible parasite, the mite Sarcoptes scabiei, which burrows under the host's skin, causing intense allergic itching.).
I don't have it anymore. I had a cream against it, who killed the parasites and was very poisining.
But since this time I have really bad skin problems and also developed a photodermatitis last year because of drugs against depressions, so I can't take any medicine anymore who has as a side effect photodermatitis.

My skin looks very bad, espessially on my arms, because of the photodermatitis and my skin also itches a lot, so that I have to take body lotion all the time and is also very allergic. I also went to the dermatologist for advice, but this doesn't help much.
Does someone also has problems with the skin or an advice?

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

I am fortunate not to have any skin problem myself but from what I heard seems that raw food diet helps for someone. Also water/juice/liquid starving. It might sound a bit extreme but you might give it a go, it promises a variety of benefits. Or just look into nutrition, there is such thing as cron-o-meter where you put in your daily intake and it calculates how much of stuff you get. I heard that almonds and spinach do good. Not to mention that junk food does bad. Also there is this toxin theory that if you do your body good it might heal itself.

Also I read that almond oil is very kind to skin, as well as cocoa butter and coconut oil. Soo my main point is that maybe natural stuff might help.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 10:08 am

One thing you can try, for some people, it works, for others it doesn't, no soap and shampoo. Basically the rationale is that soap and shampoo strip off your natural oils, and your skin has to constantly make more, that, and they can mess with the PH of your skin. So in the shower, just rinse under for a decent amount of time with water. For me, my skin, the "break in" time was like 2 showers, however my hair took over 2 weeks. For hair, the biggest thing I recommend is rinsing a very long time. Also, occasionally if my hair gets really greasy, I'll put lemon juice in it and wash it out, and it's really cool, as it makes your hair nice and soft, as lemon juice since it's acidic will make the scales on your hair flatten out. As far as no soap, my private areas smell less now, actually, and I had mild back acne which I don't have anymore. For some people it works, for others it doesn't, it's an idea you might wanna try.

You could ingest more things with olive oil and avocados, basically good fats, your body needs fats like that to repair itself. You could also try olive oil topically instead of lotion.

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2011, 10:23 am

Try Emu Oil :)

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 11:49 am

1000Knives wrote:
Also, occasionally if my hair gets really greasy, I'll put lemon juice in it and wash it out, and it's really cool, as it makes your hair nice and soft, as lemon juice since it's acidic will make the scales on your hair flatten out.

I'll have to try that! My hair's super long and looks damaged. I'm always putting conditioner on it, which doesn't help at all.

to his Interest."

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Also, occasionally if my hair gets really greasy, I'll put lemon juice in it and wash it out, and it's really cool, as it makes your hair nice and soft, as lemon juice since it's acidic will make the scales on your hair flatten out.

I'll have to try that! My hair's super long and looks damaged. I'm always putting conditioner on it, which doesn't help at all.

Lemon juice is pretty awesome for your hair, instead of conditioner, too, you can put olive oil in and wash it out, sometimes I used to do a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil. Me personally, I use just water in my hair now, but if I didn't take that plunge, I'd be using lemon juice in place of shampoo for sure, it works awesome. Main thing, imo, rinse your hair a long long time under the water in the shower, and then dry it well, and your hair will turn out great. Your hair gets more body without shampoo, too, and it grows faster.

That's a diagram of hair scales. Basically, when you put alkaline in your hair, ie, soap or shampoo, it makes the scales stand up, thus it looks damaged and frizzy and all that. So, to make the scales not look all screwed up, you have to add oil again with conditioner. It's a really really crazy process, you strip the oil out of your hair with shampoo, and add more with conditioner... Just yeah, the non shampoo plunge can take a while, and for some people for one reason or another it doesn't work out, but I recommend it a lot.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 2:53 pm

Wow, that's really interesting!
Thanks for the info.

K. Done hijacking thread now.

to his Interest."

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 5:32 am

Thanks for all of your advices.
So I try to change my eating happits, don't use (so much) soap anymore and try olive oil and the shea body butter I have at home! :D

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 11:37 am

Raziel wrote:
Does someone also has problems with the skin or an advice?

Apple cider vinegar is a very good natural home remedy for skin problems or bad skin, try filling a half a cup and putting it in a bath and soaking or applying it with cotton wool, it should really clear your skin problems up in a few weeks if you do it daily.