Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

I enthusiastically supported him from June to mid August, but once he rose to fame early September, I had concerns about his campaign and withdrew my support.

I knew that his support was gained way too quickly and way too early to be maintained. It would have been impossible for almost anyone to keep 30% of the vote from September throughout all of the primaries. Cain was being played. Right when Perry's support ended, and Christie being a potential frontrunner denied, the Republicans needed to find their new Anti-Romney. Cain was just a sacrificial lamb to give time for Gingrich to be Romney's real competitor.

In June, not having a clear foreign policy agenda is tolerable.

In November, not having a clear foreign policy agenda is intolerable.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

Cain had a clear foreign policy position. It was "I don't care".

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 5:17 pm

The filthy pig was entertaining, but he was a filthy pig. Good riddance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

Quote:
From 1996 to 1999 he served as CEO of the National Restaurant Association, a trade group and lobbying organization for the restaurant industry, on whose board of directors he had previously served. Cain's lobbying work for the Association led to a number of connections to Republican lawmakers and politicians Under Cain's leadership, the Association lobbied against increases to the minimum wage, mandatory health care benefits, regulations against smoking, and lowering the blood-alcohol limit that determines whether one is driving under the influence.

Cain was on the board of directors of several companies, including Aquila, Inc.,Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO, Inc.

After Cain's term with the restaurant advocacy group ended in 1999, he returned to Omaha for about a year, then moved to his hometown of Atlanta in 2000.

From 1992 to 2008, Cain was on the board of directors of Aquila, Inc., a Kansas City-based power company that failed in the financial market and was bought by its competitor. Investigative reporter Wayne Barrett wrote that Cain's flawed leadership of the Aquila conglomerate contradicts Cain's description of himself as a man with "business savvy and financial acumen". Barrett writes that Cain did nothing to halt the risky financial plans of the company's top leaders: brothers Richard and Robert Green. As chair of the Aquila compensation committee, Cain approved of $30 million in executive bonuses in 2002, the same year that Aquila's retirement fund lost over $200 million. The board of directors, including Cain, was named in a class-action lawsuit for violating the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) in encouraging employees to invest their retirements in risky and speculative derivative funds. Aquila settled the case for $10.5 million in April 2007. When the company was sold in July 2008, Cain approved bonuses of $6.5 million to the Green brothers along with $1.3 million in annual pensions for the men. Cain defended executive bonuses in March 2009, writing about the "bonuses melodrama" of the AIG bonus payments controversy.

May the filthy pig rot in Hell.

EDIT:

For those of you who wasted money buying Herman's book, which ended with him becoming president, conservative commentator Stephen Colbert wrote a new ending, which you can cut out and paste over the laste page of the book.

http://www.colbertnation.com/herman-cains-book/