Ways you tried making friends being a child

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

I tried quite a bit of things to make myself more likeable and to get friends.

I learned Japanese, partially because I wanted to be able to read manga in Japanese and also so that I could understand what two friends were talking about. By the time I learned the language well enough, I'd already transferred schools and wasn't in contact with them anymore.

I tried changing my outfits every day and looking more "trendy" by looking at magazines. Once again, it wasn't terribly successful. I didn't have a great sense of fashion and clothing really isn't gonna earn you friends.

Another thing I tried was to just be really really nice to people. I overheard a conversation one day that this one girl was well liked and popular because she was just so nice to everyone. So I thought to try it. Once again, it didn't work out that well and I found myself becoming a doormat of sorts. People were just taking advantage of me.

Another time, I tried pretending I wasn't a great student, thinking that maybe people didn't like me because I was too smart. Nope, it didn't work. :wink:

I tried joining clubs so that I'd have somewhere to go at lunch time. It worked, but finding common interests with people wasn't enough to form lasting friendships. I still felt like an outsider.

Long story short, I did plenty of silly things because I thought it would earn me friends. Was it worth it? I'm not entirely sure. But, for better or for worse, it's what I did!