Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2011, 11:22 pm

Right, I'm getting really peed off with Facebook. Literally all the status' from 'friends' are ridiculous and just make me wonder why I still have mine live. I'm seriously considering deleting it, but for some reason I can't bring myself to full on delete it. If anyone else with Aspergers has facebook, I would gladly accept a friend request, as I don't actually have any friends or know any one with Aspergers, which I really really wish I did. So you know, up to you, but if you want to, search Dom Say. I'm the pirate.

I really want to talk to someone or some people with Aspergers, it'd be really cool if you searched for me. Taaaa. Dom xxx

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

I'd search for you - except I never go on Facebook. The interface turns me off, I don't get most of the status updates other people post, I always get malware when I go on there, or at least have to scan for it...

Sorry.

I do technically have a profile, but I haven't been on the site in something like ten months. Altogether, I've been on it maybe a dozen times.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2011, 12:07 am

well, to be honest, I'm thinking of deleting mine anyway, cause it's seems fairly pointless. The people that I have on their that I want to speak to at the moment, I could just ring them if I wanted to talk to them. All it's good for is seeing what people have had for breakfast and how amazing they thought a terrible film was or something...

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 12:11 am

You want to free yourself from facebook? Descend the social ladder and come down to earth?

Here is an inspirational song to help you along. hehe
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxQW4rMCRxI[/youtube]

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 3:24 am

Dogenegra wrote:
well, to be honest, I'm thinking of deleting mine anyway, cause it's seems fairly pointless. The people that I have on their that I want to speak to at the moment, I could just ring them if I wanted to talk to them. All it's good for is seeing what people have had for breakfast and how amazing they thought a terrible film was or something...

I agree, I find that most Facebook status messages either seem to be about the unnecessary drama of keyboard warriors or drama queens, guys and white knights cyber drooling over some girl and acting like thirteen year old boys, people posting photos of themselves drunk legless and teenage kids who think they have the world figured and and believe themselves to be the best thing since sliced butter.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 5:14 am

I thought it was interesting when it was new but eventually became sick of it all. Mostly because the basic Wall Post format is awful for carrying on a discussion compared to say vBulletin Board Forums such as this one.

Oddly I think Facebook would be much better if they took down the Wall Post function. Then your page would only be a central store of information and pictures and everyone communicated through the Messenger system where you might type more then 2 sentences.

Also some things don't really need to be broadcast to the whole extended family or friends creating stupid drama.

Oh well I just left. Sometimes I think I should have given a warning before I disappeared. I think all I did was message a few people saying I was signing off.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 6:00 am

Oh cool! Another Essex person! (I'm in Essex)

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:45 am

Burnbridge wrote:
You want to free yourself from facebook? Descend the social ladder and come down to earth?

Good piece :D

Never had this evil thing never will. Unless my employer should I have one decides I should. Damn.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:47 am

If you don't like it, stop going on it, and eventually you'll have no problem with deleting your account (and make sure you actually delete it, don't just "deactivate").

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:08 am

i just like to read about my local area's info through the Info Group
it keeps me updated
otherwise facebook is waste for a socially awkward person like me.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:40 am

Most FB statuses are meant to be either silly, an update on whats going on with the poster, an attack on someone they are mad at, whiney, or passing along some other thing somebody else put up. It's fun if you like that kind of stuff. I have fun with it.

Doesn't make me rubbish, or those that I know. Just makes me have a different taste than you.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 3:35 pm

I do random updates and sometimes I do one about my son and I will also post youtube videos there to share with my friends. If I post a rant, it's very vague. Also every time I favorite a video, it gets posted on my facebook. If it's something i don't want to share, I can go on there and delete it off my wall hoping no one saw it.