Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:12 am

WP really depresses me!
Many people on WP seem to be very cruel. I get treated like crap in life and I dont need it on the internet.
Aspies treat one another worse than NTs do.
I may not be a genius or have a talent but what is the point in making me want to kill myself.
I thought this was a support forum not a place to be insulted.

I'm sure some people will tell me to leave but why should I ? I feel very lonely on WP.
Does anyone else feel this way?

When I offended people on here I apologized. I would expect the same for people that treat me like crap.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:18 am

Some people here are jerks, but most of us aren't. This is your place if you're an aspie like the rest of us. Be assured that we'll be here for you if you need us...

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:19 am

artrat wrote:
WP really depresses me!
Many people on WP seem to be very cruel. I get treated like crap in life and I dont need it on the internet.
Aspies treat one another worse than NTs do.
I may not be a genius or have a talent but what is the point in making me want to kill myself.
I thought this was a support forum not a place to be insulted.

I'm sure some people will tell me to leave but why should I ? I feel very lonely on WP.
Does anyone else feel this way?

When I offended people on here I apologized. I would expect the same for people that treat me like crap.

First answer the question "How do we who are on the spectrum treat eachother worse than NTs?" Then maybe I will agree with your oppinion or not. but as of right now I am not convinced. Every social group has their drama, wether the memberso f it are on the spectrum or not. It happens and its just another aspect of the vicious cycle called life.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:23 am

I dont know?

I just typed how I was feeling at the moment.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:27 am

Just as some NTs have strong opinions, you will also encounter some apsies as strong opinions as well. The support forum is "The Haven" section, otherwise don't expect other apsies be as empathic as you in the other sections.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:30 am

Hmm... I don't post in this section very often but I always try to treat people the way I would want to be treated.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:32 am

i have over 300 posts and have never insulted anyone. i have also reported abusive behavior to the moderators. those of us with asperger's are not all alike. please don't judge the whole forum by a few bad apples.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:33 am

If somebody here is treating you like crap, report them.

Just relax, most of us try to be nice and compassionate to others.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Dec 2011, 12:42 am

For the most part, I find the people here at the WrongPlanet to be nice and supportive. But, there have been a few disrespectful members I have seen here---that just seems to be life. I treat people with respect and expect to be treated respectfully. If you find a member(s) being disrespectful to you, then as has been said earlier on this thread---report them. Another thing you can do is ignore those members you deem as disrespectful to you. I seriously believe if you stay around here that you will find most of us to be supportive and respectful.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:44 am

PM wrote:
If somebody here is treating you like crap, report them.

Just relax, most of us try to be nice and compassionate to others.

Then you got the roughnecks like myself, but overall I try not to be nasty unless the individual alltogether just shoots down everyone who even tries to suggest ways to help them. I may curse, but thats just a cultural thing with me (I am an extremely hard person to offend, and I wish everyone was the same way to be honest. )

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:59 am

Sometimes I dont know if I am being insulted or not.
When people use sarcasm it confuses me. I think people are insulting me but I am not sure.
I am really paranoid and this is part of the problem.

Some people on here have been very kind and I appreciate it.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 1:11 am

This is a big forum. Many people are on here and therefore many different personalities. Some you will get along with, some you won't, some you won't notice or it will be neutral. It's just like anywhere else.

If you are naturally very sensitive to wrongs, or perceived wrongs, you will tend to notice the bad more than the good and feel that the overall tone is bad. It's not as simple as "notice the good things and ignore the bad", which is what a lot of people say to do.

When I start getting into "everything is horrible, everywhere" thinking I have to make myself think of things that happened that weren't horrible. It doesn't change my feelings right away, but it gives me distance from the reaction I'm having so I can analyze it.

It usually doesn't work when I'm really upset though, only when I'm mildly upset or starting to get upset. I have to catch it early.

Frances

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 1:13 am

Remember this is the internet. I know for NTs that is, they tend to be more ruder and striaght forward about how they really think and feel online. I dont know if that applies to aspies to. But if it is, wrongplanet is a forum and because it is the internet, we may do many things that we would not normally do in person. We're more likely to be open about things as well.

AQ: 33
Borderline aspie here

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 1:26 am

You wouldn't be the first person to ask 'What do you mean by that?' if you are unsure of how someone means something in a post. By and large, most people seem to respect each others difficulties in that regard - those that don't, I suspect, may be living under that proverbial bridge - aka; trolls.

You are not the only on who doesn't 'get it'. And it's not only fine but almost expected that you pipe up and ask. No one really has any clue how you feel about a post they may have made unless you say something about it. One of the big things - when a post REALLY strikes a nerve, sit back, take a few deep breathes and come back to it a few minutes later. Responding off the cuff when you may have misinterpretted someones meaning will only bring you more stress. Gather yourself when your feeling offended, indignant or attacked and respond with a cool head.

There are a few wise guys too. If you are really unsure, PM a mod and get their opinion on it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 2:39 am

I usually apologize when I offend someone and I can only recall feeling mistreated on one or two occasions on here, though I was not necessarily singled out.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 3:48 am

I have already been very depressed by life and I am seem to be offended easier.
I should not have even posted this.
I should have just posted in the haven instead of bothering everyone with this.
I cant even name the users that offended me. I am just over-sensitive and paranoid .