Is Islamophobia any more justified than anti-Semitism?

Page 10 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Is Islamophobia any more justified than anti-Semitism?
No, they're both based on false/overblown fears 66%  66%  [ 23 ]
Yes, because Jews have always been peaceful, and Muslims actually DO hate us 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 35

DaBuddha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2011, 5:20 am

People tend to be really against social welfare when it benefits people that don't look like them.

It's nearly impossible to get any kind of social safety net advanced in the united states because some group always believes some other group will take advantage of it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 5:24 am

DaBuddha wrote:
People tend to be really against social welfare when it benefits people that don't look like them.

It's nearly impossible to get any kind of social safety net advanced in the united states because some group always believes some other group will take advantage of it.

and they are absolutely correct in so believing. Every welfare measure is thoroughly abused and misused.

ruveyn

DaBuddha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2011, 5:38 am

ruveyn wrote:
and they are absolutely correct in so believing. Every welfare measure is thoroughly abused and misused.

All human systems end up being gamed if there's an advantage to doing so, so that's not saying much.

It's incredibly easy to game the legal system, for instance.

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 7:07 am

Mike1 wrote:
You didn't put an option in the poll for if you believe that both Islamophobia and anti-Semitism are justified. I believe that they're both somewhat justified. I don't like Israel, Palestine, and a lot of other countries in the middle east. Not all Jews and Muslims are bad, but quite a few of them are. There are also quite a few Christians and Atheists who I don't like. I'm a Spiritualist. I guess there are probably a lot of other Spiritualists who I don't like either. I guess I'm mostly just anti-humanity in general.

That is already covered. If you choose YES, then you believe that both are justified.

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 7:15 am

ShamelessGit wrote:
rombomb2 wrote:
I do agree that Islam can ruin the life of a Muslim. But I don't think that Islam is the cause. I think that the cause is the culture. The Western culture successfully separated religion from its society. Religion is now only a side show. But in the Muslim countries, its still very much intertwined with so many parts of society. Why is this the case?

Maybe you're right. I have no idea why it's the case. Japan learned from the west and China and India are doing it now. Maybe the west hasn't colonized or made war with the middle east enough lol (that was supposed to be a joke)

LOL! Now thats hilarious. Probably because I've had similar thoughts before. :)

Kraichgauer wrote:
If anything, I see the situation as the Middle East's purposeful rejection of the west that grew out of anti-colonial sentiment, and the rise of fundamentalist Islam.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichqauer's point is very clear. And many Westerners make this claim.

The idea is to stop the political meddling. To end America's Imperial Era. To stop alienating the Middle East.

Then maybe they will follow in our footsteps. Maybe they will have an awakening. Although it might take a few generations to have a real effect.

But in this Information era, maybe it would only take one generation, maybe less.

Thoughts?

lunarious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2011, 7:33 am

Bismillah

Battle Mastery requires that if you are challenged by a lower power, you accept the challenge. In backgammon, newbies can win over experts sometimes (that happens to me alot). If the lower power gets enough beatin up, they are allowed to request peace. I am located in hospital now under the laws compulsory treatment (I revolted against the invasion of Iraq and Muslim countries), and I am a lower power here. The fools accepted my challenge. The wise gave me silent consent. ... If they insist of keeping up the challenge with me, they should expect that I get stronger (as Aspergers does in his later periods) and no longer remain a small power. Yet now, I am a power to count with (great endurance, great speed, great intelligence, great memory, excellent inheritance, etc and improving).

Quit already or pay the consequence. Now the US does not negotiate with terrorists, but terrorists are negotiating with them. Although Allah is very great, he has appointed a term for when he will unleash his vengace upon the disbelievers. By the words of the Nurse Night guard here: "Return to your room, that would be best".

Salam

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 8:01 am

lunarious wrote:
Bismillah

Battle Mastery requires that if you are challenged by a lower power, you accept the challenge. In backgammon, newbies can win over experts sometimes (that happens to me alot). If the lower power gets enough beatin up, they are allowed to request peace. I am located in hospital now under the laws compulsory treatment (I revolted against the invasion of Iraq and Muslim countries), and I am a lower power here. The fools accepted my challenge. The wise gave me silent consent. ... If they insist of keeping up the challenge with me, they should expect that I get stronger (as Aspergers does in his later periods) and no longer remain a small power. Yet now, I am a power to count with (great endurance, great speed, great intelligence, great memory, excellent inheritance, etc and improving).

Quit already or pay the consequence. Now the US does not negotiate with terrorists, but terrorists are negotiating with them. Although Allah is very great, he has appointed a term for when he will unleash his vengace upon the disbelievers. By the words of the Nurse Night guard here: "Return to your room, that would be best".

Salam

So you think terrorism is acceptable? Or did I completely misunderstand?

lunarious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2011, 8:45 am

Bismillah

My friend.
You understood correctly.
Using the term terrorist is good for misguidance.
We deserve that name because we apply terror as a method for achieving our goals.
But our goals are not terror.
I fight, because then later i can go my woman.
I work, because then later I can go home.
I live life, because then later i can go to heaven.
I terrorize, because then later I relax (from the pain of pacifists).
Life is war, and in war you use force/terror, there is no other way.

So the lower power (mystical power) / terrorists are accepted by us. We have our style which is devastating, and the US has their style which i havent witnessed since I have never been in military service.

Salam (peace)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 9:19 am

rombomb2 wrote:
So you think terrorism is acceptable?

If this terrorist-supporter is right, what's stopping a powerful anti-Islam country from simply bombing the hell out of Mecca?

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

lunarious wrote:
Bismillah

My friend.
You understood correctly.
Using the term terrorist is good for misguidance.
We deserve that name because we apply terror as a method for achieving our goals.
But our goals are not terror.
I fight, because then later i can go my woman.
I work, because then later I can go home.
I live life, because then later i can go to heaven.
I terrorize, because then later I relax (from the pain of pacifists).
Life is war, and in war you use force/terror, there is no other way.

So the lower power (mystical power) / terrorists are accepted by us. We have our style which is devastating, and the US has their style which i havent witnessed since I have never been in military service.

Salam (peace)

Ah. You are saying that terrorism is actually just a propaganda term for freedom fighting.

But who do these freedom fighters fight? Are they fighting fighters? Or are they fighting civilians?

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 9:34 am

Tequila wrote:
rombomb2 wrote:
So you think terrorism is acceptable?

If this terrorist-supporter is right, what's stopping a powerful anti-Islam country from simply bombing the hell out of Mecca?

Hahaaaaaa! Logic is king!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

Sarcasm?

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 10:02 am

Tequila wrote:
Sarcasm?

LOL. No I was dead serious. You pointed out that if non-muslims used the same logic as lunarious, then they would just bomb the muslim countries willi nilly without any regard for loss of innocent human life.

At least I thought that is what you were saying. :)

Edit
--I said, "Hahaaaa" because I get really excited when I see logic used successfully and when I didn't see it and it just jumps out at me. Your statement did that to me. I actually screamed "Hahaaaa" out loud. Luckily no one heard me. :)

Last edited by rombomb2 on 17 Dec 2011, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 10:06 am

rombomb2 wrote:
LOL. No I was dead serious. You pointed out that if non-muslims used the same logic as lunarious, then they would just bomb the muslim countries willi nilly without any regard for loss of innocent human life.

I was specifically talking about the targeting of Muslim religious landmarks like Mecca and so on - i.e. destroying Mecca at Hajj time for instance, killing as many pilgrims as possible.

But either works for me.

rombomb2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 10:11 am

Can someone help me understand the dynamics here.

In history, many great leaders successfully removed oppressors through peace. Ghandi was one.

Do you think that this sort of tactic is something that Muslims could employ? And I'm not asking if they are capable of it. I'm only asking a hypothetical: If a Muslim leader, was inspired by Ghandi and others like him, and was successful in uniting the Muslims in his/her cause, do you think that the oppression would stop?

Consider this a thought experiment.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 10:58 am

rombomb2 wrote:
Can someone help me understand the dynamics here.

In history, many great leaders successfully removed oppressors through peace. Ghandi was one.

Oh Really? Have you heard of Kashmir? Also 4 million people were killed in the processes of dividing India into two countries. Ghandi was a supercalloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis. He also advised the Jews to bare their throats to the Nazis. As far as I am concerned he should cook in the same furnace as Mother Terrisa for the next billion years.

ruveyn