Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2011, 11:32 am

are you offended that they are being "nosey" ?

like my naibors.. :?

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

15 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

No, I wouldn't be offended, but I would ask them, "what do I do that leads you to believe I'm autistic?".

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

If someone asked me out of genuine interest than I wouldn't think they were nosey. I'd be happy because finally I have met someone who understands. I have had people say are you autistic in a malicious kind of way (like if you say 'yes' they're going to use it against you) and I don't like it then.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
No, I wouldn't be offended, but I would ask them, "what do I do that leads you to believe I'm autistic?".

This, then usually I'll just come out and say I am. The reason they're asking is usually because they or someone they know is also autistic.

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

It all depends on the context. If they are just being "nosey" in a negative way, then yeah, I might take it offensively. But if they are asking in a more genuine interest way, with no malice, I would tell them and take the opportunity to answer questions. Hopefully I could help enlighten them a bit on what being Autistic means.