What kind of clothes do you wear? Are they "normal"

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2011, 7:05 pm

Just to get any of the cultural borcht out of the way I'm in England, the north specifically and I'm a massive hippie, waist length hair a few bits of hemp clothing etc. I only wear clothes that are about a size too large for me and everything is really colourful, people are always saying stuff like "looks like a rainbow threw up on you" etc. Does anyone else wear unusual clothes? Baggy or tight, colourful or dull etc.

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

I can't stand to wear anything to bright or colorful so it's usually black, olive green, dark blue or dark red. Flannel shirts might be an exception. I hate anything tight and I prefer cotton clothes, corduroy, and yes, flannel.
Until recently I hated jeans but now, I can wear them.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2011, 7:13 pm

I forgot about jeans! I have, like, two pairs and the rest are custom made woven cotton or hemp trousers going all the way across the spectrum. I forgot to say, any specific feelings to tags in clothing? I can't stand them.

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2011, 7:18 pm

Up until my 20'is I hated those tags, and I was rather dramatic about them. It seems I grew out of it as it doesn't bother me any more... But alas, I am allergic to my own facial hair :?

CocoNuts
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2011, 7:24 pm

I like patterned clothes (stripes, polka dots, flowers, butterflies...). When I get dressed I'm usually too lazy to try to match the patterns with "appropriate" colours so I often end up matching all the wrong different patterns together. I've been told I dress like if I bought my clothes in second-hand shops, like a communist (?) and, when I was younger and used to wear a lot of black, like a lesbian (???). I like my style, though. Also, I used to really love jeans but now I hate them - dunno why I didn't even put on weight, so I only wear dresses and cotton skirts, all of which pretty baggy. And skater shoes.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2011, 7:25 pm

You can't have a beard! Oh god, I'm so sorry!

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

lilbuddah wrote:
You can't have a beard! Oh god, I'm so sorry!

Mehh, not a big deal anyway, there are women who have more beard than me :D
When I said that thing about not wearing colorful clothes...it's not because I don't like colors. I like them very much I just don't want to draw attention.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 7:32 pm

I wear black jeans that are a little tight, black t-shirts with comic book characters and/or symbols, movie/television characters, or video game characters/symbols on them. My footwear usually consists of colorful socks (that nobody sees) and black, goth boots. And I'm usually wearing a hoodie...and it's usually black. My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length, and it's either loose or in a ponytail.

I also rip the tags off all my t-shirts.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 7:34 pm

If you don't like my Bugs Bunny costume, that's your problem.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

First off coconuts I know exactly what you're saying about colours that "match" (although buying second hand clothes is like, totally indie etc.}. on a similar note, I've always liked to draw attention, in typical aspie style I'm either all in our not at all.

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

RW665 wrote:
I wear black jeans that are a little tight, black t-shirts with comic book characters and/or symbols, movie/television characters, or video game characters/symbols on them. My footwear usually consists of colorful socks (that nobody sees) and black, goth boots. And I'm usually wearing a hoodie...and it's usually black. My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length, and it's either loose or in a ponytail.

I also rip the tags off all my t-shirts.

Sound like me before..or close to it. I always wore black and had long hair.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

I like colours - I've been told many times that I "look like a neon sign".

I cannot stand to wear anything but natural fibers. My clothes have to "breathe", and I wear them at least a size too large. (I put on weight when I hit 40, so it gets harder to maintain this, but when I supposedly took a size S shirt, I'd buy XL because I like them that floppy. And I'm trying to shed those pounds; it feels great to have my clothes getting looser again.) But I cinch my belt in very tight, and tie my shoes tightly; those are the two exceptions to the "loose" rule, as otherwise I'll feel as if my pants are about to slide off me and my shoes flop off my feet.

I get so many comments, because I'm never in fashion - but I have never understood why anyone would ever think I might possibly want to be fashionable. I want to wear clothes that are, first of all, comfortable for me, second, useful (I like a lot of pockets), and as much as possible, look the way I prefer to. Not the way some changing standard says I "ought" to look.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

I like natural fibers, too. I usually wear what's comfortable. I sleep in men's boxer shorts because the stuff they sell for women to sleep in is so uncomfortable with itchy lace and things. My fiance thinks I look cute in them, BTW. :) I also own a couple of men's over sized flannel shirts, and a pair of women's black leather riding boots. Men's things are so much more comfortable and have plenty of pockets! Sometimes people try to make assumptions based upon how I am dressed, and they are usually wrong. I don't give a hang about the latest styles.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 9:41 pm

I like clothes with lots of pockets, like fishing vests.

I like soft furry pants.

I like to wear hats.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 9:52 pm

Natural fibres and dark/muted colours, basically. Not too tight.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 9:57 pm

T shirts and jean shorts are the only things I will wear. Even in the dead of winter....