What kind of clothes do you wear? Are they "normal"

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

I like classic - rather than trendy - clothing (eg Boden, Jaeger, Jigsaw, Whistles and White Company) and wear only dresses or skirts with blouses or jumpers. I can't wear heels due to poor balance so I like to wear leopard print or prettily coloured / decorated flats.

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

I tend to just wear whatever is comfortable, whether it's jeans or jogging pants, whatever. I can't have on anything tight though!

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

I wear jeans almost every day with a nice shirt and if I am not in the mood for that I wear jeans and a hoodie.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 6:27 pm

I used to really like military style clothing and military surplus stuff. Then, that made too many people think of me as like a "school shooter" kind of person, which caused problems.

Now, I wear basically the most normal boring preppy clothes possible. I go to Salvation Army, go "this looks like it would have been an expensive tshirt and/or jeans, and look, it says Polo or Hilfiger or something" usually jeans are all under $5 that way, and I've gotten tshirts for 33c a piece before, all name brands like that. For shoes, it's currently $3 Walmart Vans knockoffs for sneakers, or Army desert boots for boots (fairly low key, look like Timberlands to the untrained eye.) So now I wear the former clothes of rich people, yay!

EDIT:
I also tend to wear lots of red tshirts, as a girl I liked in high school said she liked when guys wore red tshirts. Dumb I know, but I wear a red tshirt like at least 4/7 days a week, it just was the first "color" tshirt I got, I used to just wear black, so then I was like "aha, that girl likes red, and it's a color that's not black, perfect!" Now I have about a dozen red preppy brand tshirts.

Last edited by 1000Knives on 21 Dec 2011, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 8:04 pm

My clothes are terrible, everyone (honest) says that I look almost like drunkard or beggar, although I never drink alcohol and I've got quite a good job.

I always wear jeans and tend to wear old clothes.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

I have two pair of jeans, one is black and stretchy, one is blue and a little bit more white. I always wear one particulare dress above it, it is black with little white lines (now for 8 years). Above that I wear some shirt in black. Or a wollen pullover in black, as it is winter now. I wash the dress each two weeks and time inbetween is awful. I can only wear black on top, because I cannot choose any other colour. I cannot "feel" how you should feel in another colour. I don't understand people choosing clothes. If I change anything, I sort of loose any feeling about "who I might be", it stresses me out completely.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 1:42 am

I wear skinny leg jeans, converse sneakers and slogan tops. I am trying to get girlier because my boyfriend wants me to.

So I'm never in a rush

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2011, 4:20 am

I wear whatever's comfortable - fashion never so much as crosses my mind. If it's the most comfortable option, I'm happy to wear clothes with numerous holes (in fact, I have done so numerous times). I usually wear tracksuit pants. I hate jeans and shorts. I tend to wear a windcheater over a long-sleeved shirt over two short sleeved shirts.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

18 Dec 2011, 4:24 am

When I was younger, I preferred office like clothing with stripes or geometric patterns or simple, solid colors. I always thought the 'popular' clothing in the stores with fanciful, mythical or animal themes was pretty swag, but my parents never could afford it and I refuse to pay for it.

Nowadays, I wear just whatever's comfortable. What it "looks like" is often the last factor I consider (Although, I really like my Tie-dyes)...

spirals
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2011, 5:08 am

I wanted to wear "normal" clothes with nothing special, no symbols or text or figures on it. Material was not really important. This changed not much. I don't like "fashion", why should wear something that is possibly uncomfortable or looks bad to me just because it is told by others to be "good"? Sometimes I wear clothes that (I think) do not look well but I need these for practical reasons (some kind of jackets, waterproof trousers, it has pockets). Currently my problem is that I simply do not get trousers that really fits me and are comfortable. I would prefer "organic" materials or fair-trade products if possible.

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2011, 9:40 am

To the outside world i wear fairly normal clothes, normally a hoody, jeans and trainers. But if you know me then you'd notice i wear exactly the same coloured clothes every day. Grey Hoody, Blue jeans, White trainers.. Never wear anything different. Got like 12 grey hoodys ;p

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 10:21 am

The same jeans and a set of tops. Day in day out.

WalkingDoctor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

I've learned, let's put it that way. I absolutely cannot wear anything "tight." Most of the pictures of me pre-K I am either in my underwear or at the very least have no pants on. I absolutely could not stand "tight" clothing, and I grew up when stretch pants, sweat pants and stir-up pants were cool! I actually believed everything felt tight on me because I was overweight. I am not nor have I ever been. This feeling though lead me to have an eating disorder in high school. I am very picky with what I buy and/or wear to avoid "tight" things. I did not wear a pair of jeans until I was in 5th grade and then trying to find a pair took hours because a) I hated shopping and b) they were too "tight." I wear them once in awhile but not very often. I am definitely not into fashion...too uncomfortable.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

18 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Dark blue or black skinny jeans, one of my hoodies (grey, white, black) and a few shirts that I really like. My favorite shirt is one that's black, with the AC/DC thunderbolt logo. Except it doesn't say AC/DC. It say AD/HD. Pretty awesome, right?

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

Just about anything, and I like to try to wear clothes which are "accepted" in current fashion society. I'm weird enough without fueling the fire by wearing peculiar clothes :roll: .

So to be specific: jeans, T-shirt, and Vans shoes when not working. Otherwise it's jeans, t-shirt and heavy work boots. As far as t-shirt style and colors, usually motocross name brands or non-branded types. Subdued colors (black, grays and olives, navy blue, etc). No loud or bright colors.

Tightness/looseness: I'm a bodybuilder, so I don't mind being a bit of a showoff with a shirt tight in the arms and chest than would be good on men with a belly, etc. If I were to get out of shape, I'd wear very loose shirts. Jeans I like proper fit; fairly loose rear, but snug in the thighs and legs, but not so tight as to look like womens' pants. If pants (or shirts for that matter) are the least bit baggy, I'll hook on something and either rip the clothing or knock down whatever hooked.

Charles

Assi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2011, 7:47 pm

I wear a dark brown leather jacket with grey jeans and clean black polished leather shoes.

Have not always though, I hear I have a much better fashion sense than earlier.

...Oh and black shirts, does anyone have some colour to suggest with shirts?