Is it possible that consciousness can effect...

Page 8 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 10:59 pm

cw10 wrote:

Re: Rotating a laser beam faster than light?
People are confusing a moving laser dot with something tangible. The dot is made up of photons shooting outwards from the light source. The dot at starting point is not made up of the same photons as the dot at the end, and the idea that the dot at the start and the dot at the end are one in the same is a product of our imagination. My cats get confused over this very same thing."

Are you a cat Tadzio?

Hi cw10,

No, I am not a fellow cat. Have you found something tangible about your pursuit of entropy, besides tiredness from your wild chase? ("not tangible" is somewhat the wrong phrase with a "laser dot", but most cats are confused between "seeing" versus "observing" too).

Have you tried a Thermos-Bottle to catch your instant of entropy? That's why there's that little Devil at the door, only letting choice Carnot Level Particles pass, that are "different" at every instant, and which are very discrete when those very bad quanta become discernible. Puck is more powerful than the "fictional" Maxwell's Demon.

But, as house cats should never think outside the box, maybe a can of circuit cooler will reverse the rotation of the vanes of the nearest Crooke's Radiometer on a sunny day without disaster.

Tadzio

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2011, 12:14 am

Tadzio wrote:
cw10 wrote:

Re: Rotating a laser beam faster than light?
People are confusing a moving laser dot with something tangible. The dot is made up of photons shooting outwards from the light source. The dot at starting point is not made up of the same photons as the dot at the end, and the idea that the dot at the start and the dot at the end are one in the same is a product of our imagination. My cats get confused over this very same thing."

Are you a cat Tadzio?

Hi cw10,

No, I am not a fellow cat. Have you found something tangible about your pursuit of entropy, besides tiredness from your wild chase? ("not tangible" is somewhat the wrong phrase with a "laser dot", but most cats are confused between "seeing" versus "observing" too).

Have you tried a Thermos-Bottle to catch your instant of entropy? That's why there's that little Devil at the door, only letting choice Carnot Level Particles pass, that are "different" at every instant, and which are very discrete when those very bad quanta become discernible. Puck is more powerful than the "fictional" Maxwell's Demon.

But, as house cats should never think outside the box, maybe a can of circuit cooler will reverse the rotation of the vanes of the nearest Crooke's Radiometer on a sunny day without disaster.

Tadzio

This guy has a similar proposal. I thought of it before reading this however, but in an attempt to find some data on the subject I ran across this guys work: http://www.timephysics.com/what-causes-time.html

It's posted up^ there somewhere also, but I'm not assuming you read everything.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 6:32 am

cw10 wrote:

This guy has a similar proposal. I thought of it before reading this however, but in an attempt to find some data on the subject I ran across this guys work: http://www.timephysics.com/what-causes-time.html

It's posted up^ there somewhere also, but I'm not assuming you read everything.

Hi cw10,

I visited timephysics-dot-com, and IMO, it is riddled with errors.

About the easiest, and briefest/concise, book I've studied is "Differential Geometry and Relativity Theory: an introduction" by Richard L. Faber (1983). The most frequent major error in all the more informal and simplified book/internet space-time models I've encountered is when a spacetime curve is lightlike, and hence, "proper time cannot be used as a parameter", but for "simplicity" it is taken, and treated, it seems to me, as an assumed "continued to be used" parameter for modeling illustrations, despite the ensuing total confusion between what is possible and impossible with timelike, lightlike, and spacelike travel (with the "possible" repeatedly observable by experiments, and the "impossible" yet to be observed by any experiments not corrupted by the observation and/or conceptualization (i.e., quantum mechanics)).
(ibid., page 198, book-dot-google search "Faber Differential Otherwise spacelike", first choice on my returned search results of 3 results in USA.):
http://www.google.com/search?q=Faber+Di ... =bks&tbo=1

Tadzio