Is it possible that consciousness can effect...

Page 6 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
If time is energy, then...

How is it generated?
cw10 wrote:
Excitation at or below the quantum level.

Evidence, Please?

Fnord wrote:
What is its wavelength?
cw10 wrote:
100Mm+/- to 1pm

This email traffic statistic has nothing to do with the question.

Fnord wrote:
What is its exchange mechanism?
cw10 wrote:
Planck’s constant.

Planck's Constant is a scalar value, not an exchange mechanism.

Fnord wrote:
What is its velocity of propagation?
cw10 wrote:
c

Evidence, Please?

Fnord wrote:
What material is used to store it?
cw10 wrote:
Z

Are you referring to the atomic number of a particular element? (i.e., the the atomic number of Helium is 2 = Z(He))

Fnord wrote:
What medium is used to transmit it?
cw10 wrote:
Z0

Are you referring to the Z Boson, which is electrically neutral, has a half-life of about 3×10^25 seconds, and is associated with only the weak force?

Fnord wrote:
By what mechanism does it convert to other forms of energy?
cw10 wrote:
EM, nuclear, weak, strong.

A particle can mediate only one force, and can not change which force it mediates.

Fnord wrote:
All of these are properties of energy. If time is energy, then it will have these properties.
cw10 wrote:
Time and Energy are synonymous. Time is an invention, it bears no resemblance to reality.

Then you are saying that energy is an invention, and that it has no semblance to reality. By extension (e.g., application of E=mc^2), you are saying that matter itself is an invention, and this it also bears no resemblance to reality.

I say that the only thing lacking any semblance to reality is your understanding of physics - chronodynamics in particular.

Fnord wrote:
Explain these properties, provide links, show the math, or admit that you are wrong.
cw10 wrote:
#

That is not an answer, it a pound sign.

cw10 wrote:
I’m not a mathematician, I’m a visual thinker and artist. Tell me my variables are wrong, I know some of them have to be, but for you Fnord, I’ll give it a shot.

You'll never hit the target as long as you keep shooting blanks. Go back to your crayons and leave science to us professionals.

By the way ... would you please explain why your answers conflict with those of Robdemanc? Are you calling him a liar?

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

Fnord wrote:

cw10 wrote:
c

Evidence, Please?

Show me a clock that can run faster than light.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:23 pm

I'm still waiting for you to produce one valid example of a measure of time that does not measure energy Fnord. You failed the first test.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

cw10 wrote:
c

Evidence, Please?

I should say measure time frames faster than light.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:46 pm

cw10 wrote:
cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If time is energy, then... What is its velocity of propagation?
cw10 wrote:
c
Evidence, Please?

Nothing can move faster than the speed of light. In fact, it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate matter to the speed of light. And while recent neutrino experiments may change this, there is no evidence to believe that it ever will; but if it does, your entire fantasy will topple with even greater certainty.

Look kid, it's obvious that you do not understand ANYTHING scientific, and that you are making things up that have no bearing on real-universe principles.

Please, just go back to your coloring books and try to stay inside the lines.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 8:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
cw10 wrote:
cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If time is energy, then... What is its velocity of propagation?
cw10 wrote:
c
Evidence, Please?

Nothing can move faster than the speed of light. In fact, it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate matter to the speed of light. And while recent neutrino experiments may change this, there is no evidence to believe that it ever will; but if it does, your entire fantasy will topple with even greater certainty.

Look kid, it's obvious that you do not understand ANYTHING scientific, and that you are making things up that have no bearing on real-universe principles.

Please, just go back to your coloring books and try to stay inside the lines.

Thank you for proving my point. And providing no evidence of any time calculation that is not based on some form of energy. I see you're a real winner here.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 8:52 pm

I have not proven your point at all. Time is NOT energy. Never confuse the method of measurement with what is being measured.

The burden of proof for your claim is all yours; you have failed to prove your claim, and failed epically.

You're as bad as the religionists and the wannabe "psychics" - all claim and no evidence - and they are the most pathetically ignorant people I know.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
I have not proven your point at all. Time is NOT energy. Never confuse the method of measurement with what is being measured.

And what is being measured? You just simply cannot answer the question because you KNOW I'm right, and you're stubborn.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

And what is being measured? You just simply cannot answer the question because you KNOW I'm right, and you're stubborn.

Events are being measured, nothing more and nothing less.

Whether or not energy is used to detect those events is irrelevant - never confuse the method of measurement with what is being measured.

I know that you are ignorant of scientific principles.

You should either provide the evidence that supports your claims, or stop making claims that you can not prove.

What we perceive as "Time" may only be an emergent concept. That is, while there may be an underlying process of motion and forces from which time emerges, what we perceive as time may be mostly an illusion. Our memory creates the illusion of the past. Conscious perception of events gives the feeling of present. Future is a mental construct patterned on the memory experience of the past. Concept of time emerges as our mind tries to make sense of the world around us, which is filled with change.

Time may only be an illusion.

Last edited by Fnord on 23 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
cw10 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Events are being measured, nothing more and nothing less.

Whether or not energy is used to detect those events is irrelevant - never confuse the method of measurement with what is being measured.

I know that you are ignorant of scientific principles.

You should either provide the evidence that supports your claims, or stop making claims that you can not prove.

And what are behind "events"? What causes an "event". How do "events" occur. Hmmm? :) Magic right?

No young padawan. Events always occur because of energy. If the universe freezes solid (hypothetical of course, much like your frictionless gravity free environment) and reaches absolute zero, events simply stop occurring, and no time passes because there is no energy left.

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm

If you believe energy and time are equivalent, how do you explain special relativistic time dilation?

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

dmm1010 wrote:
If you believe energy and time are equivalent, how do you explain special relativistic time dilation?

Due to gravity and or velocity yes?

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2011, 9:53 pm

cw10 wrote:

I referred to special relativistic time dilation, wherein time "slows down" with greater relative velocity (i.e., more energy).

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:11 pm

cw10 wrote:
dmm1010 wrote:

Well if that's what you're referring to, I've given that some thought also.

As mass increases, decay decreases. Energy equilibrium is always maintained between mass and decay. Something to do with gravity's Doppler effect on energy. Mass or velocity.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 4:20 am

Fnord wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
Time has a wavelength that fluctuates infinitely

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
It has the same exchange mechanism as the EU

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
The speed of light

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
It is stored in timinos (undiscovered as yet)

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
It is transmitted through the 4 th dimension

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
Nuclear fusion converts it

Evidence, Please?

Robdemanc wrote:
BTW - I answered your pshycic challenge on the other board

Then you did not follow instructions, and have thereby failed the challenge.

LOL Please don't take this seriously

Proffessor Brian Cox of Manchester University: "We have been asking the question 'What time is it?' for thousands of years, and even now, with our advanced scientific thinking we still don't know what it is we are asking." (paraprhasing)

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 4:43 am

It's a query of entropy.

Why is this so hard to see?