My 11 year old sister's hanging out with 16 year old boys!! !

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2011, 4:36 pm

Apparently most of her female friends are 13-15 and she has a few guy friends that are up to 16 years old!! ! she keeps on saying "oh it's not like his is a bad thing" but shes LITTLE. and everyone knows what 16 year old boys want.
I do have some friends that are 15 and 19 (and are both girls) that i dont mind her talking to because i know them well enough, but most of the people she's hanging out with are emo/scene/skaters. i know there's nothing WRONG with emo/scene/skater kids but there is more of a chance they'd have sex or do drugs. (i DO have friends who don't, but it's much more common for them to) I've hung out with stoners for years but that's only because i'm not easily influenced, i've never even tried anything. my little sister is VERY easy to influence. so many of my friends have been taken to the hospital for overdoses on oxy,hydros,and xanax. (perscription drugs are VERY popular at my school, even most of the nerds get high on prescription drugs) but every time i tell her how common it is for kids my age to do drugs and that she shouldnt hang out with them unless i KNOW theyre cool, she always gets so pissed at me and yells at me and then gets MORE friends my age. she thinks im being to overprotective, but most of the people my age actually ARE like that. i have no idea how to convince her to stop.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

22 Dec 2011, 5:26 pm

This might sound like bailing out, but ignore it. She can learn her lesson the easy way or the hard way. Keep a close eye on that boy. ;)

Dunnyveg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

theaspiemusician wrote:
Apparently most of her female friends are 13-15 and she has a few guy friends that are up to 16 years old!! ! she keeps on saying "oh it's not like his is a bad thing" but shes LITTLE. and everyone knows what 16 year old boys want.
I do have some friends that are 15 and 19 (and are both girls) that i dont mind her talking to because i know them well enough, but most of the people she's hanging out with are emo/scene/skaters. i know there's nothing WRONG with emo/scene/skater kids but there is more of a chance they'd have sex or do drugs. (i DO have friends who don't, but it's much more common for them to) I've hung out with stoners for years but that's only because i'm not easily influenced, i've never even tried anything. my little sister is VERY easy to influence. so many of my friends have been taken to the hospital for overdoses on oxy,hydros,and xanax. (perscription drugs are VERY popular at my school, even most of the nerds get high on prescription drugs) but every time i tell her how common it is for kids my age to do drugs and that she shouldnt hang out with them unless i KNOW theyre cool, she always gets so pissed at me and yells at me and then gets MORE friends my age. she thinks im being to overprotective, but most of the people my age actually ARE like that. i have no idea how to convince her to stop.

Musician, I think you are right to be concerned. Where are your parents in this? It's really their job to keep your sister on the straight and narrow.

I will say it's normal for aspies to choose to associate with those much younger or older than them. But it's one thing to have 65-year-old friends when you're fifty, and another matter altogether for one who's 11 to have friends so much older.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 9:52 pm

Your parents should not allow her to socialize with 16 year old boys.

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 11:33 am

hate to generalise but most guys that age are just looking to take advantage. I think you should let your parents know so they can do something about it. You should let her make her own mistakes and learn from them but then again some mistakes can have a lasting impact on a person. You're allowed to be over protective because she's your little sister. Maybe approach her calmly and tell her how you love her and don't want anything bad to happen to her..?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

Candles15 wrote:
hate to generalise but most guys that age are just looking to take advantage.

I think that applies to guys in general. ;)

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Tequila wrote:
Candles15 wrote:
hate to generalise but most guys that age are just looking to take advantage.

I think that applies to guys in general. ;)

Guys in general who're going through puberty :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:54 am

Candles15 wrote:

Older guys aren't immune either. Watch out for those. :)

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 12:36 pm

Tequila wrote:
Candles15 wrote:

Older guys aren't immune either. Watch out for those. :)

Oh I thought you were implying that I was generalising (Which I was, sort of)

I know..will do :D

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

Candles15 wrote:

And I was generalising about us lot. But we are, although we try to be more discreet about it.

Quote:

I shouldn't worry too much if you live in Wales. ;)

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 1:34 pm

Tequila wrote:
Candles15 wrote:

And I was generalising about us lot. But we are, although we try to be more discreet about it.

..I don't think you're suppose to admit that :P

Quote:

I shouldn't worry too much if you live in Wales. ;)

Haha trust me, they are just as bad here :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

Candles15 wrote:

Must be why I've never had a girlfriend. :)
(Yes, I know I'm not meant to admit that either but it's Boxing Day so what the hell. I'm not sure people will think any less of me here anyway as I'm not altogether sure that's possible. ;))

Candles15 wrote:

South Wales I take it? Is it like Twin Town down there? ;)

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Tequila wrote:
Candles15 wrote:

Must be why I've never had a girlfriend. :)
(Yes, I know I'm not meant to admit that either but it's Boxing Day so what the hell. I'm not sure people will think any less of me here anyway as I'm not altogether sure that's possible. ;))

haha, nah, honesty is the way to go :D (most of the time)

Candles15 wrote:

South Wales I take it? Is it like Twin Town down there? ;)

No, North :D and I've no idea what Twin town is :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

Candles15 wrote:

True. :)

Quote:

Oh, I've been to North Wales a few times. Only briefly, though.

Twin Town is a rather vulgar 1997 'revenge' comedy starring Rhys and Llŷr Ifans and also features Dougray Scott. It was shot in South Wales and is very Welsh in its characterisations, scenery and humour. Which is why I asked. The actor who played Reg Harries on Pobol y Cwm - the fairly recently-deceased Huw Ceredig - is in it. :)

Candles15
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

Tequila wrote:
Candles15 wrote:

True. :)

Quote:

Oh, I've been to North Wales a few times. Only briefly, though.

Twin Town is a rather vulgar 1997 'revenge' comedy starring Rhys and Llŷr Ifans and also features Dougray Scott. It was shot in South Wales and is very Welsh in its characterisations, scenery and humour. Which is why I asked. The actor who played Reg Harries on Pobol y Cwm - the fairly recently-deceased Huw Ceredig - is in it. :)

Oh, cool! :D There are some nice places around here.

Ah right, Sounds interesting although I have never heard of those people haha :P

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

Candles15 wrote:
Oh, cool! :D There are some nice places around here.

Last time I was there I was near Porthmadog. :)

Quote:
Ah right, Sounds interesting although I have never heard of those people haha :P

Basically, there's lots of swearing and low-budget action sequences in it.

If you've ever seen Kevin and Perry Go Large, Rhys Ifans plays "Eyeball Paul" in that. ;)