theaspiemusician wrote:
When I say "about" I say "A Boat"

Eastern Canada, right?

rofl and im american :D

ZipoCXG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm

I'm not sure if this is really an accent, but a lot of people say a have a rather deep voice for a girl. People sometimes make fun of me because of it.

Last edited by ZipoCXG on 25 Dec 2011, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

theaspiemusician wrote:
jackmt wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:

Eastern Canada, right?

I do it too... I'm also American. Whut?
I also say "sore-y" for sorry.

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

ZipoCXG wrote:
I'm not sure id this is really an accent, but a lot of people say a have a rather deep voice for a girl. People sometimes make fun of me because of it.

my voice is low too. some people think i try to but ~sings~ I was born this way! rofl

jackmt
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2011, 12:16 am

theaspiemusician wrote:
jackmt wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:

Eastern Canada, right?

I always tended to pick up the accent of whoever I was around. And I am great at putting on foreign accents. It never got me into trouble till I did it in backwoods Georgia; they knew I was a Yankee and they thought I was making fun of them. I saw their annoyance and realized quickly (enough) to stop before I got my mule kicked.

And, by the way, what does rofl stand for/mean?

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2011, 1:07 am

jackmt wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
jackmt wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:

Eastern Canada, right?

I always tended to pick up the accent of whoever I was around. And I am great at putting on foreign accents. It never got me into trouble till I did it in backwoods Georgia; they knew I was a Yankee and they thought I was making fun of them. I saw their annoyance and realized quickly (enough) to stop before I got my mule kicked.

And, by the way, what does rofl stand for/mean?

rolling on the floor laughin

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 1:12 am

Roflcopter.

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2011, 1:28 am

I pronounce some words weird. It could be because I picked them up from people who pronounce them different. I pick up accents very easily. My intonation also keeps changing a lot. Not like people notice the change in intonation anyway. They say I sound robotic.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

I talk too fast. People have asked me if I'm from New York, but a friend listened closely to me and analyzed, and he said that my words are all pronounced same old SEKansas way, just faster. I can slow down if I think about it and am careful, but I can't think about speed and about what I'm saying at the same time. So reading the lesson aloud in church, or playing a part I know so well I can say it cold, I'm a "normal" speed.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

I speak with a BBC accent and always have, despite the fact that none of my family do. They speak with a, for lack of a better word 'low class' accent. Heavy use of double negatives, little/no elocution, t and g dropping, 'aint', etc, etc.

My mum has often said she hasn't got a clue why I speak like that.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

One of the few people I've met who have a legitimate diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome, was always being teased and harassed by kids (even those younger than him) about being ret*d and "gay". He did have the stereotypical "gay lisp". Even before he told me he had AS, I always suspected he was on the spectrum. I was watching a video on you tube about AS and the narrator had a voice like Jaleel White's infamous character, Steve Irkle. I personally wish I had an Irish accent.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:44 pm

I have been told, several times, that I have an unusual accent. A doctor asked if I was from another area, elsewhere in the country (Sweden), due to my accent sounding alike it, except not really like it, anyway. I figure this has to do with that I just choose various ways of speaking that I prefer the most. I do the same with English. I also invent words for where it's desperately needed, although I do it in a manner that others can understand, and hopefully also pick up on.

Uncajunga
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

For me its more like a complete lack of an accent. I was born and raised in East Tennessee, my family all having distinctly Southern accents for the most part. At every job I would always get asked where I was from by co-workers, or the classic "You ain't from around here, are ya?" from customers. My natural voice is lacking in accent, but with a little bit of observation I can typically mimic any accent almost perfectly. I get told frequently I have a voice made for radio.

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2011, 7:46 pm

I talk with a strong Yorkshire accent; this is where I live and was born. I do however change my accent depending where in the area I am and have been told by many people that my accent is the strongest Yorkshire accent people have ever heard.

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

wow.. I have been told i have an accent from childhood.. but not one people can identify with,, a person who just met me from an online chat said I have an accent but he cant place it, another verification of aspergers. interesting