Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
dunno why you are assuming they don't reply because they are superficial, Radiofixr - maybe they just aren't interested.

some people do have success on OKCupid, others don't... i have no idea why.

EDIT: maybe try a different dating site? you may have more success on another site.

no what "they" put in their profile is that "they" don't like it when people look and not send a message and say they wont do that-that they aren't superficial and will respond if sent a message-I am going by what "they" are saying-so I send a message to the person saying "they" aren't superficial and will respond to messages and nothing returns-they are saying they do one thing but do something else-with an aspie its "mean what you say and say what you mean" so even though they say they aren't superficial and respond when sent a message-they don't

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 2:22 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
dunno why you are assuming they don't reply because they are superficial, Radiofixr - maybe they just aren't interested.

EDIT: maybe try a different dating site? you may have more success on another site.

no what "they" put in their profile is that "they" don't like it when people look and not send a message and say they wont do that-that they aren't superficial and will respond if sent a message-I am going by what "they" are saying-so I send a message to the person saying "they" aren't superficial and will respond to messages and nothing returns-they are saying they do one thing but do something else-with an aspie its "mean what you say and say what you mean" so even though they say they aren't superficial and respond when sent a message-they don't

but if there is no chemistry or interest then eventually *someone* will stop responding - either you or them. there is no reason to continue with a conversation just to prove that you are not superficial, otherwise you would have long drawn out boring conversations with people you are not interested in.

i have never seen anyone's profile where they promise to respond to every message. i responded, but i would not have promised it as it can be unrealistic.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 2:38 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

but if there is no chemistry or interest then eventually *someone* will stop responding - either you or them. there is no reason to continue with a conversation just to prove that you are not superficial, otherwise you would have long drawn out boring conversations with people you are not interested in.

i have never seen anyone's profile where they promise to respond to every message. i responded, but i would not have promised it as it can be unrealistic.

even just a common courtesy of "thanks for the note but just not interested in you- good luck" would solve many of those issues listed above-not just ignoring and how-unless you talk to someone to see if there might be chemistry be determined by looking at a picture first and saying "eewww I do not want to talk to that" -that's what superficial means to me-they look at the picture-do not even read the profile and determine your worth and if they want to talk to you by looking at a picture.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Dec 2011, 2:39 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I have & I've also seen lots of women say how they like directness & they hate mind-games. In my experience chatting with those women; they are very indirect & play mind-games; like they say they only want to be friends when what they really mean is that they want us to be friends while we explore the possibility of more; I assume they just want to be friends & they get mad latter when I make a comment about being lonely or something & end up having a huge argument. I wish people would be honest in their pros

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

even just a common courtesy of "thanks for the note but just not interested in you- good luck" would solve many of those issues listed above-not just ignoring and how-unless you talk to someone to see if there might be chemistry be determined by looking at a picture first and saying "eewww I do not want to talk to that" -that's what superficial means to me-they look at the picture-do not even read the profile and determine your worth and if they want to talk to you by looking at a picture.

they could have disliked what you wrote in your profile, or maybe they didn't like your message. there are many reasons why they would not reply that have nothing to do with how you look. your appearance may be included in the assessment, but that's neither here nor there as you would only be messaging women you found attractive in the first place.

sure, it would be polite for people to respond, but often they don't. some young women get hundreds or thousands of messages, many of which are not well-thought-out or personalised for them. so they get kind of jaded to the experience. if someone is not polite to you, at least you can be certain that they are not the right person for you. there are better people out there who do respond, it's just a matter of finding them.

do you check to make sure that you fit the criteria of the man they are looking for, and are you messaging people in your age group?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 2:45 pm

nick007 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I have & I've also seen lots of women say how they like directness & they hate mind-games. In my experience chatting with those women; they are very indirect & play mind-games; like they say they only want to be friends when what they really mean is that they want us to be friends while we explore the possibility of more; I assume they just want to be friends & they get mad latter when I make a comment about being lonely or something & end up having a huge argument. I wish people would be honest in their pros

could you show me a profile that says that? i have honestly never seen anyone promise up front to respond to every message. maybe i was looking at a different demographic?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

could you show me a profile that says that? i have honestly never seen anyone promise up front to respond to every message. maybe i was looking at a different demographic?

I no longer use any dating sites so I cant show you any but I have seen more than a few like that on POF, OKC, & lots of smaller specify dating sites. & on dating sites with forums; guys would post about how women don't reply to their messages & lots of women would post back they response to most all messages unless they are obvious trolls or spam but lots of those women barging about how they reply in their post really don't

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition