Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

After a year on this forum it is time for me to finally introduce myself--I'm Zack

I'm 48 and diagnosed with Aspergers--unofficially by a Phys D who has known me for a long time, and many others who have no doubt that I fit the description. It is so obvious to me that I see no need to spend the money for an official diagnosis.

I grow roses--lots of roses--more than an NT can count. I have detailed maps and lists to identify each and every one, but have learned that it is far better to say that I have over 200 than to specify the exact number, even though I can easily look it up!

I'm also very good at growing roses--I've won top awards for my roses. Actually, I'm good at lots of things--including taking tests. I did extremely well in school, and graduated with honors from top schools.

I also like to fix things--I've fixed most of the appliances in our home, which should be paid off before I'm 50.

It took less than a week for me to put together a 1000 piece puzzle on a little table--not much larger than the assembled puzzle. I can look at pieces and rotate the shapes in my mind. I'm also very good with numbers--I can tune up electronic circuits with a digital meter--I understand that trying to do this drives NTs nuts.

I like to build models--both scale and functional. Like the roses, I have too many to count.

By the time I graduated, I had excellent skills in math, science, and engineering. I've since learned that I can master writing and vocabulary as well.

At the prompting of my wife, I've learned to socialize well with co-workers and dress well. Now my sense of fashion exceeds hers.

I can't really drive and hold a conversation, but I've driven in dozens of states. I've even been a designated driver, though it was just a few miles back to the hotel.

Like many Aspies, I'm ambidextrious--able to write with either hand. My wife won't let me look at the books she gets before she reads them--I have an unusual knack of pulling content out of the pages as I flip through them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 1:55 am

Welkome to WP

MickImage