Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Letta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2012, 4:11 pm

I have to MUCH feelings. Sometimes I bubbles over with emotions.

Is there other who can relate to this.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2012, 4:20 pm

Yes, many times I think I have too many feelings and get overwhelmed by them, I was on anti-depressants and they suppressed all my feelings a lot. But I didn't want to stay on them forever. Now I'm off the anti-depressants my emotions are sooo strong.

Cringe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

Only when I am depressed and doing too much navel gazing.

Aiming to see a clinician in 2012 to get some answers.

Letta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

Thank you ECJ. My feelings are very strong to. Sometimes it is a big challenge for me to control them.
I have heard that some people whit ASD can have very strong emotion.

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2012, 4:48 pm

Hello!

I've been up and down for quite a while myself. They have me on divalproic acid for bipolar disorder, but it doesn't seem to be effective anymore. Then again, I've faced a lot of crises lately.

Has anyone else been up and down lately? It could be just the holidays, I suppose...

Happy New Year!

Rob

admcfann
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

Sometimes i get overwhelmed by what I'm feeling. When I first started counseling, she asked how I felt about getting on meds for my to stabalise my moods. I wouldn't go for it. I might have problems keeping my moods in check, but isn't that better than feeling like a zombie?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

I also have feelings that are powerful. I'm a very sensitive person. They're stronger at some times of the year than they are at others. I'm on antidepressants as well. My feelings are the strongest during the first week of January and around various Birthdays of deceased immediate relatives. I experience a week of depression around the time that my Grandpa passed away and also around the week that my Aunt passed away. I also feel depressed the last week of June, from the 23rd to the 30th for obvious reasons, more obvious to WPers who have known me since before the July of 2010.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

Yeah, I'm extremely sensitive as well. Everything affects me 20 times more than it does others, it seems. Emotions are confusing and overwhelming for me.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

OMG..."navel gazing" never heard that before...funny.

I realize my emotions get the best of me sometimes. When they become too much, I shut everyone out to get a handle on them. I basically just ask (probably not in a nice way) everyone to leave me alone and I sleep. That way I am ok the next morning. By then I am actually in good humor and start joking with everyone to ease the tension from the night before. My kids are used to it and they know when I get like that to leave me alone. However, a bf thought I broke up with him the first time he received the brunt end of it by text. Sometimes he and I don't talk for a week or so and by the time I realized he thought we broke up, it was too late. It took me forever to get him to understand and even then he still swears I did. I am always in a good mood and when I am not I can usually fake it. We all have to learn this to get a job and get along in society. But I pay for it dearly. I have xanax on hand from a psychiatrist I see about once a year. It helps me to sleep and if I take it when I get anxious, it helps to postpone it for a week or so.