I have a weak sense of smell, uncommon for aspergers?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

I'm sensitive to noise, but my sight, taste and touch are just average. But my smell is underaverage because of my sinus problem.

Actually, funnily enough, the doctors say my ears are slightly deaf and are clogged up with wax, but I still seem to be sensitive to sounds.....

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 12:41 pm

I have both very accute senses of smell and taste, by far my most developed. I have poor tactile sense, though,

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 2:46 pm

I've read somewhere that almost everybody has a stronger sense than average, could be their smell, hearing, sight, taste or touch. My mum is very sensitive to smells.

Maybe stronger senses in Aspies are worst, I don't know.

happydorkgirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

Very sensitive sense of smell here. The grocery store can be overwhelming because I smell things through their boxes.

Also: the smell of skunk doesn't bother me. I find it oddly pleasant.

alexi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

I generally have a poor sense of smell, except for a couple of smells (like bleach) that absolutely overwhelm me even if it is not very strong.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

My problem with smells is that they take over my brain, and I continue to smell smells hours after other people have stopped smelling smells, and during these hours, I feel like my brain is shutting down, and I can't think when that happens, and I hate that feeling of shutdown and even more the thought that the shutdown was caused by just a smell.

However, I enjoy going to the special weird products section of the health food store and smelling the soaps there.