Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2006, 5:06 pm

Any suggestions on how to handle a boss who is patronizingly kind and open in person, but relies on spies, sycophants and henchmen to keep tabs on employees or to manipulate them?

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 5:12 pm

Ugh I've had a boss like that before. Not much you can do, even when I confronted her she twisted what I said. Eventually I just had to leave. You can try trying to reason with your boss. But be careful and good luck.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 5:37 pm

I still prefer them to bosses who do all the latter listed things and are rude and agressive to my face.I know a lot of people say there is nothing worse then someone who is "two faced" but I have a lot of trouble not over loading when I am confronted with direct "anger,rudeness,abuse"...That just floods me with adrinalin and makes me feel like "breaking something" which I can't do at work.....My personal philosophy about bosses,coworkers and others I have no "real" relationship with is...please talk behind my back,I just dont want to be distracted by their bulls%^&.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Oct 2006, 6:42 pm

Sounds like your regular, everday, generic dysfunctional workplace 8)

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2006, 4:52 am

I would much rather have a boss that was totally upfront and honest. I hate the contradiction of being a nice guy in person and totally evil when behind a closed door. Unfortunately, I've never developed a way of dealing with these. In general, I have been exempted from spying/attacking by these people because I never make trouble and quietly get my job done effectively. However, in the past when I have had to deal with this, I have always quit the job and moved on. Thankfully, that hasn't happened in about 8 years.