Page 14 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

More than I could a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit.

Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

At Lexington Green in 1775 (April 19) the roving band of armed malcontents won over the forces of law and order and government. Which is why we have our own republic now.

ruveyn

The American rebels at Lexington in fact had organized into a regulated force, under the orders of civilian government. I was talking more about something from The Road Warrior, where a gang of rapists, thieves, and murderers under the command of the hockey masked Humongous (the Ayatollah of Rockn'Rolla!) wreck havoc everywhere they go.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

The forces of laws and order regarded the Rebel Organization as gangs of thugs and outlaws.

Capt. Parker and his men were addressed by the British Officer as law breakers and criminals and told to disperse. They did not and that is why we have a republic. Because armed thugs and lawbreakers won the day.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

More than I could a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit.

Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

At Lexington Green in 1775 (April 19) the roving band of armed malcontents won over the forces of law and order and government. Which is why we have our own republic now.

ruveyn

The American rebels at Lexington in fact had organized into a regulated force, under the orders of civilian government. I was talking more about something from The Road Warrior, where a gang of rapists, thieves, and murderers under the command of the hockey masked Humongous (the Ayatollah of Rockn'Rolla!) wreck havoc everywhere they go.

The forces of laws and order regarded the Rebel Organization as gangs of thugs and outlaws.

Capt. Parker and his men were addressed by the British Officer as law breakers and criminals and told to disperse. They did not and that is why we have a republic. Because armed thugs and lawbreakers won the day.

ruveyn

Being regarded as an outlaw and thug is one thing, while actually being one is quite another.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Being regarded as an outlaw and thug is one thing, while actually being one is quite another.

The Rebels committed treason against the Realm and against the King. Had the Brits won, many Rebels would have died at the end of a rope. They were traitors and insurrectionists. They were law breakers.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The Rebels committed treason against the Realm and against the King. Had the Brits won, many Rebels would have died at the end of a rope. They were traitors and insurrectionists. They were law breakers.

ruveyn

Well, I suppose being a traitor or a patriot is in the eye of the beholder.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:37 am

I'm just glad i don't live in a country where this puritan getting into power is a possibility.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, I suppose being a traitor or a patriot is in the eye of the beholder.

After the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Ben Franklin said to the other signers, we must now hang together or we will hand separately. Franklin knew he had committed treason.

ruveyn

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

Wasn't planning on it...his political ads alone are enough to make me not want to vote for him.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

thomas81 wrote:
I'm just glad i don't live in a country where this puritan getting into power is a possibility.

U.S. politics is mostly a massive turn-off. Half the country seems to be obsessed with Jesus.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

He made some money, what's wrong with that? Success is not something that should be punished.

I actually saw a Romney quote that I really liked.

"Success should not be measured by how many people are on welfare, but by how many people get off welfare and get jobs."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
He made some money, what's wrong with that? Success is not something that should be punished.

"Success should not be measured by how many people are on welfare, but by how many people get off welfare and get jobs."

It's nothing to do with him having success. It's the whole philosophy behind him, that the rich are the only citizens worth taking note of. I'm not just talking about Romney putting his foot in his mouth over the 47%, but also where Fox and Limbaugh speak of the Rich as our most "productive citizens," while demeaning the poor as shiftless and essentially worthless.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:

Maybe he ought to criticize corporate welfare.......rather than pretending its the existence of welfare bringing this nation down.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

It's nothing to do with him having success. It's the whole philosophy behind him, that the rich are the only citizens worth taking note of. I'm not just talking about Romney putting his foot in his mouth over the 47%, but also where Fox and Limbaugh speak of the Rich as our most "productive citizens," while demeaning the poor as shiftless and essentially worthless.

exactly.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

Maybe he ought to criticize corporate welfare.......rather than pretending its the existence of welfare bringing this nation down.

And how many jobs did this capital flight capitalist create ? If he thinks China or the Cayman Islands is so wonderful why doesn't he reside their? At least the top hatted 19th early 20 th century capitalists created real jobs and paid taxes

What an awful awful man .

The new deal mk 2 is coming sooner than latter, bet on it , I hope sooner than latter for you Americans

Last edited by aussiebloke on 24 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

And how many jobs did this capital flight capitalist create ? If he thinks China or the Cayman Islands is so wonderful why dosn't he reside their? At least the top hatted 19th early 20 th century capitalists created real jobs and paid taxes

What an awful awful man .

The new deal mk 2 is coming sooner than latter, bet on it , I hope sooner than latter for you Americans

MK 2? not sure what that is or If I hope it happens sooner than later.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

^^^^

thats something you guys have to work out :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Tequila wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

U.S. politics is mostly a massive turn-off. Half the country seems to be obsessed with Jesus.

And guns ! bang bang :roll: