Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 1:39 am

That's Mitt Romney in the middle.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 1:57 am

I don't get it. So I shouldn't vote for him since he has a lot of money? Or because he looks goofy when he gets his picture taken? Please elaborate.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 2:18 am

Looks like he's "passing the buck" :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 2:26 am

at least this person would never consider voting for the repubs, ever! not until they reverse their stand against universal health care, and keep out of my bedroom while they're at it.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 2:37 am

No, I don't plan on voting for him, but the photo doesn't really disturb me, he was a successful business man, no doubt he enjoys every buck he can get his hand on. :)

Looks like a private gathering of sales managers and business managers, celebrating surpassing some goal, in the lobby of an upscale car dealership.

And the same look they probably give each other, with a successful sale, after a couple hours of haggling with a customer in the business manager's office, who thinks they got a really good deal.

That's not a mercedes sports convertible behind them, is it? :P

Don't know if you meant to post it here, but it likely will receive more attention in the PPR section. One of the moderators can move it for you, if you like.

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2012, 2:55 am

yeah just looks like a funny picture. money is just pieces of paper.

scarter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2012, 3:59 am

aghogday wrote:
Looks like a private gathering of sales managers and business managers, celebrating surpassing some goal, in the lobby of an upscale car dealership.

No, they probably just finished firing a thousand people and taking the money they saved from "downsizing" and are about to shove it into their own pockets, laughing all the way. And the vehicle in the background is probably their getaway car.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:29 am

he was a great governor of massachusetts from the economy to introducing universal health care to the bay state.im very proud to have him representing the state i grew up in and I will vote for him and i have no apologies for that

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2012, 4:52 am

You don't have to worry. Probably not alot of Republican sympathies here. :idea:

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 10:41 am

i don't even pay attention to politics. it seems they are all just as bad. I'm not impressed with obama either.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

My mother knows this man personally, or at least his brother. If it goes down to Obama vs. Romney things will be interesting.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

Ganondox wrote:
If it goes down to Obama vs. Romney things will be interesting.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:41 am

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I don't get it. So I shouldn't vote for him since he has a lot of money? Or because he looks goofy when he gets his picture taken? Please elaborate.

It's the money sticking out of their clothes, it's tacky. I don't want an unfeeling jerk as president that is also tacky.

"Tacky- In bad taste. Wearing a translucent blouse and a black bra is downright tacky."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

So you want everyone to not vote for someone just because you think he is "tacky" and an "unfeeling jerk"?

:roll:

Would you rather that everybody voted for someone just because you think he is "fashionable" and an "empathetic nice guy"?

:roll: :roll:

Sorry, kid; I'd rather make up my own mind after considering someone's qualifications for the job, rather than his fashion sense and sociability.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:59 am

It's just a photo and it's not like he's punting puppies. Crass money waving is the American way :)
I'm more worried that he can't seem to stay consistent on the issues. What exactly would I be voting for?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 1:02 am

Fnord wrote:
So you want everyone to not vote for someone just because you think he is "tacky" and an "unfeeling jerk"?

:roll:

Would you rather that everybody voted for someone just because you think he is "fashionable" and an "empathetic nice guy"?

:roll: :roll:

Sorry, kid; I'd rather make up my own mind after considering someone's qualifications for the job, rather than his fashion sense and sociability.

It's a joke. An obvious one I would think. Stop being obtuse.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obFHu7DCsEs[/youtube]