Page 13 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And "government is the problem?" Please, ruveyn, I expect more from your exceptional mind than mere bumper sticker slogans!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Not bumper sticker crap. Just a fact. Pay attention to the history of the last 80 years.

ruveyn

As I recall, civil rights legislation was a very good thing orchestrated by the federal government, and that turned out to be a good thing - as will gay marriage, when that is made legal on a national level. On top of that, labor laws allowed Americans to be treated fairly in the work place, and the social safety net keeps Americans from sinking into poverty and death. Actually sounds pretty good to me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 12:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And "government is the problem?" Please, ruveyn, I expect more from your exceptional mind than mere bumper sticker slogans!

Not bumper sticker crap. Just a fact. Pay attention to the history of the last 80 years.

ruveyn

As I recall, civil rights legislation was a very good thing orchestrated by the federal government, and that turned out to be a good thing - as will gay marriage, when that is made legal on a national level. On top of that, labor laws allowed Americans to be treated fairly in the work place, and the social safety net keeps Americans from sinking into poverty and death. Actually sounds pretty good to me.

A broken clock tells the right time twice a day. On balance the government has not done well. It has fought wars that it lost, cost hundreds of thousand of lives and made it hard of the productive people of our society to deliver valuable goods and services to the rest of us. The government, on balance, is an impediment to prosperity, no a promoter of prosperity.

The government which you love so much put the financial power of the nation into the hands of manipulators (no producers) and we have the current economic crises. Probably the Republicans bear more of the onus than the Democrats but the Democrats produced the (ho ho) stimulus package that has stimulated very little. Both parties bear some blame.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

A broken clock tells the right time twice a day. On balance the government has not done well. It has fought wars that it lost, cost hundreds of thousand of lives and made it hard of the productive people of our society to deliver valuable goods and services to the rest of us. The government, on balance, is an impediment to prosperity, no a promoter of prosperity.

The government which you love so much put the financial power of the nation into the hands of manipulators (no producers) and we have the current economic crises. Probably the Republicans bear more of the onus than the Democrats but the Democrats produced the (ho ho) stimulus package that has stimulated very little. Both parties bear some blame.

ruveyn

Oh, I don't necessarily love the government, but rather, I know the good it had accomplished could not have been done by anyone else.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, I don't necessarily love the government, but rather, I know the good it had accomplished could not have been done by anyone else.

Who else has the guns and the armed force to back up their noxious decrees?

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

It's a choice between the government - representing the forces of order - or armed locals who might be homicidaly racist, fascist, communistic, or - - Antisemitic.
I'll take the government.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's a choice between the government - representing the forces of order - or armed locals who might be homicidaly racist, fascist, communistic, or - - Antisemitic.

In North Korea the government of Kim Nut Case also represents the forces of order.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Yes, but how far can you really trust the government?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:01 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

In North Korea the government of Kim Nut Case also represents the forces of order.

ruveyn

I was actually referring to our government. But yes, I admit freely, not all governments are of equal worth.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

More than I could a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit.

Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

More than I could a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit.

"..a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit."

Cool! Who's bringin' the beer?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 11:45 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

"..a roving band of armed malcontents with an axe to grind, and looking for another group to terrorize and exploit."

Cool! Who's bringin' the beer?

The Humongous, and Rez.
For those who don't get The Road Warrior reference, watch the movie.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

Why would some one vote for a tust fund baby ?
Is that the American way to ?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

At Lexington Green in 1775 (April 19) the roving band of armed malcontents won over the forces of law and order and government. Which is why we have our own republic now.

ruveyn

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 7:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

At Lexington Green in 1775 (April 19) the roving band of armed malcontents won over the forces of law and order and government. Which is why we have our own republic now.

ruveyn

Woo-boo!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

The American rebels at Lexington in fact had organized into a regulated force, under the orders of civilian government. I was talking more about something from The Road Warrior, where a gang of rapists, thieves, and murderers under the command of the hockey masked Humongous (the Ayatollah of Rockn'Rolla!) wreck havoc everywhere they go.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

The American rebels at Lexington in fact had organized into a regulated force, under the orders of civilian government. I was talking more about something from The Road Warrior, where a gang of rapists, thieves, and murderers under the command of the hockey masked Humongous (the Ayatollah of Rockn'Rolla!) wreck havoc everywhere they go.

The forces of laws and order regarded the Rebel Organization as gangs of thugs and outlaws.

Capt. Parker and his men were addressed by the British Officer as law breakers and criminals and told to disperse. They did not and that is why we have a republic. Because armed thugs and lawbreakers won the day.

ruveyn