Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

:-( I was hoping my older sister Erica would want to go to the Zelda concert with me but she said no. :-( Like I've said in a previous post I was planning on asking on campus (I return Wed.) but I'm scared! I barely know anyone!! !! ! I'm taking Spanish 2 with the same professor and probably bulk of same students from last semester but I'm scared! I don't know how to approach this issue! I could ask but I feel so awkward!! !! I'm taking a Criminology course and 2 online courses perhaps I can find someone online and meet them on campus. :-( I'm so scared to make friends though! :-( Besides being blunt and asking about it "Hey I have these tickets would anyone like to go with me?" Otherwise I don't know what to say! Plus what if OMG! it's a guy? I'd feel SUPER AWKARD! since you are alone in a vehicle with a stranger (guy/girl) and if it's a guy you risk violence! :-( I wish my sister could have gone. :-( I'm scared!

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:48 pm

...why can't you go alone, again?

to his Interest."

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

I don't drive and it is an hour away and no one in my family wants to go and I have no friends. :-(

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

is there a student intranet?
you could post a message saying you have been let down by a friend and have a free ticket available. that way it'll be someone who actually wants to go and so they'll be grateful towards you and that would make things less awkward. it's a good excuse to make a friend with similar interests

i'd probably try to go with a girl rather than a guy in that situation. it will give you less things to worry about

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:24 pm

Taxi?

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 3:11 am

there are so many places i would love to go but i never get company so i just go alone or stopped going altogether..............

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2012, 4:21 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
is there a student intranet?
you could post a message saying you have been let down by a friend and have a free ticket available. that way it'll be someone who actually wants to go and so they'll be grateful towards you and that would make things less awkward. it's a good excuse to make a friend with similar interests

i'd probably try to go with a girl rather than a guy in that situation. it will give you less things to worry about

I'd say that's your best bet, or if there is a student notice board you could put an advert on it. If you have a student email, put that on there and then you can screen out the blokes. I'm sure you'll find someone nice that also wants to go to the concert, who knows, you might even make a friend!