Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2013, 7:46 am

My favourite Doctor Who writer of all time was Robert Holmes and at one time he was in the police.

I bet he got called 'Sherlock' sometimes.

YoungAtHeart
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2013, 9:01 pm

SpeakerToAnimals wrote:
YoungAtHeart wrote:
Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller is my favorite version of Sherlock. I've been wondering ever since I started watching the show if he has Asperger's. He certainly has some odd ways of doing things. Quirks I guess. Although I'm not sure because whenever he talks to someone he seems to have no trouble at all making eye contact with them. I don't know if ALL aspies have that issue or not (I do) but I've always thought it was one of the (what's the word???) "universal" or maybe "general" traits.

There's a scene where he describes Irene Adler as the only person he ever felt empathy with which is pure Aspie.

All that stuff with constantly recategorizing his padlocks, his special interests in bees, disregard for personal hygiene, ignorance of social rules, focus on details, etc. are all common Aspie traits. Most of us don't have every trait but Holmes ticks many of the boxes.

I was skeptical about Elementary at first but in the end I loved it. There's room in the world for three Sherlock Holmeses!

Wow, I didn't know he had THAT many traits (I didn't watch much of the series, though I knew he had a bee fetish since I watched the last 2 episodes :wink: )

Yeah, I've grown to like it too and I'm definitely going to watch the second season premiere! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimatedSquirrel

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:45 am

I haven't seen the BBC series yet, but I enjoyed both of the recent movies as well as Elementary.

msrockymthigh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

I had my doubts about Elementary when I first saw the commercials back in September and didn't watch, but all of the rave reviews I have read here have made me decide to start watching. Fortunately I found a torrent that contains the complete season one in mkv format. I just began the download now. Should be watching by tomorrow night.

As far as the Aspie connection goes, I've heard it as well. I can't remember where just now. I doubt Arthur Conan Doyle did it on purpose though since the term Asperger's Syndrome wasn't used until after the 1940s. On the other hand, he was a physician, so who knows?

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

I do really like the BBC Sherlock Holmes series and I even checked out a library book with the first stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I really like how the producers of the BBC Sherlock Holmes have modernized the Sherlock series. Loved the Hound of the Baskervilles and still need to watch the episode about the Falls and forget the exact name of the story.