Page 61 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 100  Next

03 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Meh I don't believe in feminism...I mean I think it served its purpose more or less but is unneeded. However I disagree with the notion that ones physical gender should determine which social 'role' they fill. I am opposed to gender stereotypes, though I do acknowledge biological/psychological differences between males and females...but that is not to say this should be grounds to limit anyone's rights or presurre them to fit a specific role based on their gender.

Bolded for hilarity.

A better approach might be to explain what issue you have with my statement, rather then trying to get people to laugh at me over something I don't even get. Seriously, just tell me whats wrong with my post.........I was not aware not agreeing with gender stereotypes was 'feminism' obviously something called feminism is going to have to do more with females than any other gender and that is what I have an issue with.

She's not going to because she's wrong and she knows it. But her inflated ego won't allow her to admit it.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

Vigilans wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
EXPECIALLY wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Feminism is stupid. Men and women have specific roles to fill in the home that help make the entire household happy and smoothly running. Feminism just creates confusion and female angst. Why else would feminists be known for their angst?
The existence of two different sexes is a little clue from nature toward roles in society. And everyone knows that when you ignore nature's clues, you're just being stupid and stubborn. Feminism is just women envying the positive traits of men, which is why many of them dress and style their hair like men.

My wife and I are fans of CDD. http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com

The truth is, if Eve were with her husband at the time the serpent tempted her, Adam would have said, "You shouldn't listen to that snake, Eve. You KNOW which tree God told us not to eat from." She'd lower her head and reply, "I know, Adam. I just got excited about all the wonderful things the snake was saying, and I lost my head. I'm sorry." They'd hug, bond more over it, and human sin would not exist, or would at least have been delayed an unknown length of time.
You could have presented an argument about the real reasons men and women should and do have different roles in society but you've totally gone the other direction with it.

This kind of thing is why feminism exists, I don't blame them in that regard.

Good grief! Dontcha know a joke from a joke?

Same to you, Vigilans.

You think he is kidding? :/

LOL I honestly don't think he was kidding. Do you?

HDTV...

Whatever.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

Yes and if there is nothing wrong with what I say why do people laugh at me?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:04 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLRu6PJtRv4[/youtube]

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

Ragtime wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLRu6PJtRv4[/youtube]

My glorious AT&T wifi doesn't want me to watch this video but since I see Will Ferell I'll assume you were kidding.

HDTV...

Whatever.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:12 pm

Whimsy!

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

The video mocks women for demanding restitution for ancient grievances but men demand restitution for ancient grievances all the time.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

I am anti-misogynist.

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Apr 2012, 6:48 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
The video mocks women for demanding restitution for ancient grievances but men demand restitution for ancient grievances all the time.

It's a parody of this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ygVuN4gf8[/youtube]

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:50 pm

I think I know the answer to this threads question the answer most men don't agree with Feminism it's a good thing I think more like a woman then a man.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Meh I don't believe in feminism...I mean I think it served its purpose more or less but is unneeded. However I disagree with the notion that ones physical gender should determine which social 'role' they fill. I am opposed to gender stereotypes, though I do acknowledge biological/psychological differences between males and females...but that is not to say this should be grounds to limit anyone's rights or presurre them to fit a specific role based on their gender.

Bolded for hilarity.

A better approach might be to explain what issue you have with my statement, rather then trying to get people to laugh at me over something I don't even get. Seriously, just tell me whats wrong with my post.........I was not aware not agreeing with gender stereotypes was 'feminism' obviously something called feminism is going to have to do more with females than any other gender and that is what I have an issue with.

I believe her point here is that "feminism" is supposedly defined as "advocates of gender equality" so you saying that you disagree with gender roles would indeed make you a feminist. Allegedly.

Nothing is absolute.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

AspieRogue, you were content to assert that most geniuses are men (which by definition is measured by IQ), yet as soon as you read that the smartest person in the world is female, you suddenly contend that IQ isn't the best measure for intelligence. you are alternately using and discounting the same evidence depending on whether it supports your assertions. interesting strategy, but wholly transparent.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
AspieRogue, you were content to assert that most geniuses are men (which by definition is measured by IQ), yet as soon as you read that the smartest person in the world is female, you suddenly contend that IQ isn't the best measure for intelligence. you are alternately using and discounting the same evidence depending on whether it supports your assertions. interesting strategy, but wholly transparent.

Hyperlexian so totally rocks you go Girl gosh why was I not born a female being a guy is nice and all but we can't have babies :x

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

When one considers that for most of history women were not in a position to, encouraged to, or actively discouraged from, roles that men assumed were theirs alone; of course it will be mostly males on the big list of famous contributors. How advanced as a society we would be, in science and morality, had our history been one open to female contributions in all walks of life; the entire human species

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:55 pm

Vigilans wrote:
When one considers that for most of history women were not in a position to, encouraged to, or actively discouraged from, roles that men assumed were theirs alone; of course it will be mostly males on the big list of famous contributors. How advanced as a society we would be, in science and morality, had our history been one open to female contributions in all walks of life; the entire human species

That is a very good point but I am afriad like me you will get attacked by the we are men men is strong men hunt kill deer group on WP :lol:

03 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

Hyperlexian, I don't consider IQ to be the sole measure of intelligence TBH. As do many other cognitive scientists. But most of all, AFAIC: genius is as genius does. It's not enough to have an ultra high IQ to be genius. Furthermore, what has the "smartest" person in the world(with the highest IQ) actually accomplished?

Also, I noticed you didn't respond to my prior posts which addressed you claims about sex and birth control. Any particular reason?