Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

A lot of times I don't post anything because the last person to post said what I wanted to say better than I could say it. It's not a thread killer thing. Just kind of like, That's the best comment ever. I "bow" to the last poster.
Nintendofan, B9, Angel_Ryan, I never think of anyone as lower or higher functioning. Seriously, It never even crossed my mind. I like everybody's posts except those that are nasty or rude on purpose. I come across wrong all the time. I wish I were more like the posters who take their time and think about what they say before they hit the submit button. Too often I hit submit and then realize I don't think I said what I meant to say. (Then I worry about it and wonder what to do about it and how I could change it or what if I hurt someone's feelings, and on and on...) Then I'm too confused to change anything. :oops: 8O

See perfect example here...I'm rambling. What I mean to say is please stick around. :)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

I like that there are people on different levels of the spectrum here. I'm in between AS and autism apparently. You are very welcome here :)

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

jovialwilliams wrote:
Why not write a thread obout the stronger end of the spectrum? I for one enjoyed reading your posts(and your Link pic).

thanks im not realy sure if thats a good idea

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

camelCase wrote:
Well I see we have at least one thing in common... I live between my headphones.

hi nice to meet you, yes thats funny, my mum has to keep taking mine of my head.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:
I think it just takes some time for people to get to know one another, especially on a forum where there's no face-to-face interaction, and where there's such a large number of posters. Even if you don't get replies right away, try try again!

Think of it this way: People may not reply right away because they are taking the time to get to know you and might also be shy to start a conversation. The more you post, the more people can build up a knowledge of who you are and will be more apt to reply. Just because someone hasn't replied to a comment most certainly doesn't mean they didn't read it, agree with it, laugh with it, or that it didn't make their day!

I really believe that the majority of it is just shyness and unfamiliarity, which is something I think that a great number of us are afflicted with.

That said, what are your favorite Nintendo games? Mine is Yoshi's Story from N64!

thanks.
i like all nintendo games, have way over 20 consoles.
,,,,the nintendo game i like more than anything else is the legend of zelda series. its like another world.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

MusicIsLife2Me wrote:
Hello there NintendoFan!! I'm Jen. I sometimes feel that way too. I have a marked learning disability, but have many characteristics of aspergers or something else on the spectrum. And considering my birth I may have fragile - x syndrome, but I do not know that as I definite. Just going by the various labels I have had since birth lol. It's made life difficult, but I try real hard. So I can relate to you not feeling like you fit in. But I have encountered so many interesting and kind people here...not to mention very knowledgeable on various things!! !

nice to meet you

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

Asp-Z wrote:
There are those on this forum who put a lot of effort into making sure others feel they're not welcome. I assume they do it because of their own low self-esteem issues, so they can make themselves feel superior. Ignore the pathetic morons. There are still those who appreciate you.

yes thanks

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:23 am

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Aimless wrote:
The above post is after repeated efforts to write in more detail, so I can relate.

And I can totally relate to this :) I often rewrite my posts a dozen times before hitting the submit button and then edit them several times, especially when I'm trying to write something nice or emotional. I always feel like I'm doing it wrong.

@nintendofan: I think Aimless found the perfect words, so I'll simply repeat them. I also hope you stay around :)

thanks

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:23 am

Quote:
like all nintendo games, have way over 20 consoles.
,,,,the nintendo game i like more than anything else is the legend of zelda series. its like another world.

WOW!! ! I have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, two Gameboy Pockets, a Gameboy Advance and a DS lite. I too love the ledgend of Zelda. I often go on Zelda when I feel overwhelmed by real life! I am hoping to get a Wii in the future but I am waiting until it is cheaper.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

GreyGirl wrote:
A lot of times I don't post anything because the last person to post said what I wanted to say better than I could say it. It's not a thread killer thing. Just kind of like, That's the best comment ever. I "bow" to the last poster.
Nintendofan, B9, Angel_Ryan, I never think of anyone as lower or higher functioning. Seriously, It never even crossed my mind. I like everybody's posts except those that are nasty or rude on purpose. I come across wrong all the time. I wish I were more like the posters who take their time and think about what they say before they hit the submit button. Too often I hit submit and then realize I don't think I said what I meant to say. (Then I worry about it and wonder what to do about it and how I could change it or what if I hurt someone's feelings, and on and on...) Then I'm too confused to change anything. :oops: 8O

See perfect example here...I'm rambling. What I mean to say is please stick around. :)

nice to meet you, i understand, thanks

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

Jellybean wrote:
Quote:
like all nintendo games, have way over 20 consoles.

WOW!! ! I have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, two Gameboy Pockets, a Gameboy Advance and a DS lite. I too love the ledgend of Zelda. I often go on Zelda when I feel overwhelmed by real life! I am hoping to get a Wii in the future but I am waiting until it is cheaper.

my nintendo consoles are -

2 x nes = 1 boxed
2 x snes both boxed
4 x n64 = 1 boxed blue
3 x original gameboy = 2 boxed
1 x gameboy pocket
4 x gameboy colour = 3 pokemon editon, 1 green
4 x gameboy advance
2 x gameboy advance sp = only 1 charges
4 x gamecube = all boxed
1 x wii = boxed black
1 x ds lite = black
1 x 3ds = boxed metalic red.
i have lots of nintendo toys, promo displays, magazines, clothes, etc... to

you should get a wii , the zelda games are realy fun on it :)

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
I too feel unwelcome here, but that's one of the reasons I stay.

*lol* you make me laugh 8)

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

GreyGirl wrote:

I would still respond but say something like "I agree with (insert name here)." Then add some of your thoughts. It lets the original poster know there are even more people who understand what they are going through or that there is more support for a particular opinion.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

I enjoy having you around. I hope that you stay. I've also felt different from most of the members here. I'm not a logical thinker at all and I don't feel that I can take part in a lot of the threads, because the logical posts go right over my head. I'm more of a heart aspie instead.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jan 2012, 12:47 pm

Everyone is welcome here, and that includes you!

I find that sometimes I get a lot of responses and comments when I post, or sometimes I don't, and then maybe next time I do again. Don't worry, we're with you!!

Charles

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm

Aww come on, fans of Nintendo can't be that bad by default. :P

I've been posting on message boards since I was around maybe 10? That's a decade right there. Started on some Gameshark one I believe. I was a bit immature, conceited, stubborn, and as a result I'd kept getting banned, making few friends if any at all. I didn't understand how they worked or what kind of behavior would be tolerated, nor the extent of which the rules went.

I'm not saying any of this applies to you; just that it seems like a similar way I'd felt before. Of course, you have all these people here telling you they like you well enough and that they'd like for you to stick around. You're certainly not as bad as I was, so that's also good. :lol: Although I've learned a lot from being a bit more reserved and paying attention to how others form their posts, I still sometimes feel that I could do better, even if I don't get in much trouble anymore. It's true, too - there is always room for improvement, as nobody is perfect. Just, don't let that feeling get to you. I'm sure a lot of people here have already accepted you as you are.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...