Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

TheKing wrote:
Burzum wrote:
Does anyone expect to see the USA split anytime soon? It would be interesting.

in like 2010 Texas and several other states threatened to secede from the Union, Governor Rick Perry said DC needs to listen to the people before things get too far out of hand, the rate they are going rebellion isn't far away. i am very familiar with the militia movement and they have been preparing for years

I'd like to see them try standing up to the US military.
And if they're successful, and break away... what then? What do they produce, other than inbred crackers? I can just imagine, Texas and other states turning into third world countries overnight, and their people suddenly being the illegal aliens trying to sneak into the United States.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:29 pm

A breakup of America, Canada & Mexico would probably result in several smaller countries dominated by corporate interests that effectively "own" the new "countries". I think it would be the birth of the metanational corporation in reality

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:44 pm

Vigilans wrote:
A breakup of America, Canada & Mexico would probably result in several smaller countries dominated by corporate interests that effectively "own" the new "countries". I think it would be the birth of the metanational corporation in reality

Then I'm moving to Europe.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Then I'm moving to Europe.

I suspect that in the event of the rise of such a political order the Europeans and others would follow suit

But I am just speculating. It could go in other directions as well. If it were to happen suddenly, in the present, however, I think the probability of such a scenario is not that low

NextFact
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2012, 12:02 am

Burzum wrote:

I seriously expect to see the collapse of this nation within my lifetime.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:05 am

NextFact wrote:
Burzum wrote:

I seriously expect to see the collapse of this nation within my lifetime.

There are some parallels that can be drawn with the pre-Civil War era. I don't think the world would be a better place without the United States, personally

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Burzum wrote:

in like 2010 Texas and several other states threatened to secede from the Union, Governor Rick Perry said DC needs to listen to the people before things get too far out of hand, the rate they are going rebellion isn't far away. i am very familiar with the militia movement and they have been preparing for years

And if they're successful, and break away... what then? What do they produce, other than inbred crackers? I can just imagine, Texas and other states turning into third world countries overnight, and their people suddenly being the illegal aliens trying to sneak into the United States.

they didnt threaten war they threatened to secede besides if a revolution happens its the military,s duty to join the side that protects the Constitution

i been talking to soldiers and quite a lot say they will fight for the Constitution against the government, my brother is a Sergeant in the army and him and not only his buddies but most the men under his command believe that also, course my brother is a Natural Leader he can inspire people to follow him he has always been able to, i wish i had that gift, im either a loner or a follower it depends on what we talking bout

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

The majority of people who form our all volunteer armed forces ARE those inbred crackers. Without them you would be speaking German and I would have been a cake of soap on some Nazi's bathtub.

ruveyn

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

Had a joint observation exercise in the Gulf once...do you know how the USMC take out a sniper?

They call in an airstrike.

Heuy CAS is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Burzum wrote:

they didnt threaten war they threatened to secede besides if a revolution happens its the military,s duty to join the side that protects the Constitution

i been talking to soldiers and quite a lot say they will fight for the Constitution against the government, my brother is a Sergeant in the army and him and not only his buddies but most the men under his command believe that also, course my brother is a Natural Leader he can inspire people to follow him he has always been able to, i wish i had that gift, im either a loner or a follower it depends on what we talking bout

Actually, the armed forces have the responsibility to support the president, whose sworn duty is to protect the country from all enemies, foreign or domestic. And that is plainly constitutional.
From what I've observed, people like Rick Perry, who had been talking out of his ass about session, really have little or no understanding of what the constitution really says.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 3:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The majority of people who form our all volunteer armed forces ARE those inbred crackers. Without them you would be speaking German and I would have been a cake of soap on some Nazi's bathtub.

ruveyn

During the Second World War, we still had a draft. So the men who saved you from being lathered on someone else' body while in the shower tended to be a more or less better variety of citizens.
On top of that, as many people serving in the armed forces today are just as often black or Latino Americans, I would hardly describe them as "inbred crackers." For that matter, not every poor white serving is an inbred cracker, either.

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The Romans did not expected to be loved. They preferred to be Feared. And they were. Whereas the U.S. wants the world to love us for the Good we do.

ruveyn
Love gets you farther then fear in the long run. I can show this with 2 historical examples: The Aztec Empire and the Inka Empire.

The Aztec Empire was basically just a hegemony based on the fear of the tlatoani (emperor) and the mere three city-states, Tenochtitlan, Tlacopan and Texcoco, of the Triple Alliance that manipulated much of the rest of Mesoamerica based on fear of Aztec wrath and clever manipulation of national rivalries. Thus, everyone else in the sphere of the Aztec Triple Alliance hated their Mexica overlords. Hence, despite lasting about a century longer than the Inka Empire, the Aztec "Empire" was far less integrated and developed beyond the three decadent cities along Lake Texcoco that ruled the hegemony. And unlike the Inka with their probable khipu writing system, the Aztecs are confirmed to have lacked true writing.

Contrast this with the Inka model: The Inka lasted just short of a century yet they had already spread Quechua, the official language of their empire and its bureaucracy, from northern Chile to Ecuador. They brought running water to many peoples throughout their empire, as opposed to limiting it to those in the Valley of Qusqu, as would parallel the Aztec model in the Valley of Mexico. Though the integrated and highly organized Inka military could crush any rebellion or conquer any state in the Civilized Andes, much, if not most, conquest took place in the form of a clever showering of gifts to local rulers in a veiled demand for assimilation with the greater Inka world. And, upon joining Tawantinsuyu (as the Inka Empire is known in its native Quechua), the people would benefit from state supplying of food and goods during times of need in exchange for doing the mandatory labor tax, or mit'a.

Though both civilizations were conquered by the Spanish, today Nahuatl has less than two million speakers while Quechua has over six million. Furthermore, the indigenous peoples of what was once Tawantinsuyu are far more numerous than those of the realm once dominated by the Mexica.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

Burzum wrote:

Most people would say it's impossible but I would say within the next 10 years. seriously

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

i thought the soap thing was proven to be an urban legend lol

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

donnie_darko wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

No. It was true. Body fat was rendered into soap, and hair from dead Jews were used to make heavy duty winter socks for the Wehrmacht. Gold was extracted from the teeth and melted into ingots to be store in Swiss banks until after the war.

The Nazis were a thrifty lot. Waste not, want not.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

No. It was true. Body fat was rendered into soap, and hair from dead Jews were used to make heavy duty winter socks for the Wehrmacht. Gold was extracted from the teeth and melted into ingots to be store in Swiss banks until after the war.

The Nazis were a thrifty lot. Waste not, want not.

ruveyn

The funny thing was, British propagandists had accused the Germans of making human corpses into soap back in the First World War; but it was just that, propaganda. Then what do you know, it became true during the Second World War!