Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:56 pm

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
I am. I've been invisible in real life for a long time but have only recently acknowledged the level of my invisibility in the virtual world. Conversations of the nature of the one below happen all the time when I'm around:

OP: What noise does a dog make
Me: Woof
Poster1: Meow?
OP: No, that's not what I'm thinking of.
Me: It's woof.
Poster2: Is it moo?
Me: No it's woof.
Poster3: Is it baa?
OP: No it's neither of those.
Me: IT*S WOOF. WOOF I SAY!
Poster4: Is it woof.
OP: Ah yes Poster4. That's right, of course. It's woof.

Arrrrrrrrrgh.

:lol: :lol: :lmao:

My experiences exactly. My remedy was to quit giving responses altogether. If they can't appreciate my input, I'm not going to waste it on them.

Like throwing pearls to swine, seriously.....

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
One time I didn't get invited to my Dad's 70th birthday party because my family forgot about me. Invited everyone else on the planet and their dog.

Um, I don't think they "forgot" you, unfortunately. They just didn't want you at the party and made the infamous NT "I forgot" excuse.

TalusJumper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

I consider myself invisible- on the outside looking in... :?

So I can relate to this completely (very rarely do I get a response from one of my posts).

Frakkin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2012, 2:50 am

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
MotherKnowsBest wrote:
One time I didn't get invited to my Dad's 70th birthday party because my family forgot about me. Invited everyone else on the planet and their dog.

Um, I don't think they "forgot" you, unfortunately. They just didn't want you at the party and made the infamous NT "I forgot" excuse.

I can't help but think it'd be preferential to be deliberately not invited, because at least then you've made enough of an impact on the person to affect them. Being forgotten is the worst, because it makes you feel as though you're not even enough of a person to make people dislike you. They just literally forget you exist, and it's horrible.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2012, 10:36 pm

I'm not invisible, I'm understated.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:13 am

I'm invisible when it comes to interaction like what you described. But when I'm just walking out in public, I'm noticeable like a flourescent light what catches your eye. Shame it's not the other way around. Life would be much sweeter. :cry: