Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

I'm sorry if there is a post for this already. I checked through the previous few pages and found nothing so I assume this is the only topic on this.

Anyone looking forward or interested in this game? I've heard nothing but bad comments towards this game due to the Snakeophiles whining about it not being like Metal Gear Solid, even though it's not supposed to be :p. Ignoring all that and seeing some of the gameplay from the documentary I'm pretty hopeful for this game and I think it's something I will enjoy.

Old trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc

New trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNo8h-KfAU

I prefer the look of the old trailer but still.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 2:38 pm

I'm not necessarily disappointed in not playing as Snake(though I think there's still potential for me games starring or at least having him involved). What I'm worried about with this game is what seems to be an extremely messed up development. I really don't like the direction it seems to be heading in; that is, simply fast paced action hack 'n' slasher as opposed to what was promised before. It looked much more interesting when there still seemed to be some stealth, but as it looks now, its almost as if it's your typically cheesy action movie where you can just turn off your brain. Aside from that, changing the entire story doesn't sound good, either - originally they had it placed between MGS2 and 4, and for whatever reason it now takes place after 4. Strange.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVmG-KNI3Y

Here's a montage of the current gameplay.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

I've actually never played any of the Metal Gear games, but I've been a little interested in this since it was first announced. I might pick it up.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

29 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

Kojima needs to remake Snatcher. Forget Metal Gear for a bit.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 11:22 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
I'm sorry if there is a post for this already. I checked through the previous few pages and found nothing so I assume this is the only topic on this.

Anyone looking forward or interested in this game? I've heard nothing but bad comments towards this game due to the Snakeophiles whining about it not being like Metal Gear Solid, even though it's not supposed to be :p. Ignoring all that and seeing some of the gameplay from the documentary I'm pretty hopeful for this game and I think it's something I will enjoy.

I'm a bit of an MGS/Kojima/Konami fanboy. I had an MSX back in the day. I'm not a Snake fanboy, though. I loved MGS2 and see it as one of the bravest moves by any games developer. I can't wait for this game. I love Clover/Platinum games. They and Mikami were basically what made Capcom awesome. The original Kojima game demos looked a bit... rubbish to me, but the promo for this just looks amazing and totally taps into my itch for OTT Japanese games.

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 12:18 am

I just think it's interesting the way it's heading. I will admit that I am skeptical about it though, since the direction the game is going doesn't feel like the Metal Gear I've always enjoyed playing but I'm open to whatever is thrown out for the next entry in the Metal Gear series since I enjoy following the story of the games as well. Platinum Games developing it now though after the original game being cancelled is music to my ears though since I enjoyed playing Bayonetta and the action that could carry over into this game. I'll definitely play it though since I've recently considered myself a big fan of the series.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 4:04 am

zzmondo wrote:
I just think it's interesting the way it's heading. I will admit that I am skeptical about it though, since the direction the game is going doesn't feel like the Metal Gear I've always enjoyed playing but I'm open to whatever is thrown out for the next entry in the Metal Gear series since I enjoy following the story of the games as well. Platinum Games developing it now though after the original game being cancelled is music to my ears though since I enjoyed playing Bayonetta and the action that could carry over into this game. I'll definitely play it though since I've recently considered myself a big fan of the series.

It's not really a new direction, though. It's a 'spin-off' from the MGS canon. MGS will still exist as a seperate entity.
Bayonetta was pretty awesome, it topped Ninja Gaiden as the best game of that style, for me. Going slightly off-topic, but Platinum's new thing Anarchy Reigns looks like it could be interesting. It looks like some sort of online Powerstone.

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
zzmondo wrote:

It's not really a new direction, though. It's a 'spin-off' from the MGS canon. MGS will still exist as a seperate entity.
Bayonetta was pretty awesome, it topped Ninja Gaiden as the best game of that style, for me. Going slightly off-topic, but Platinum's new thing Anarchy Reigns looks like it could be interesting. It looks like some sort of online Powerstone.

By direction, I was mostly talking about the development of the way the game itself plays as opposed to what was in mind initially when the game was MGS: Rising. I do understand MGS will remain a separate series and that the game is a spin-off which I personally like because, as you said before, it's a separate entity. My hopes are that if the game is good enough that there would possibly more entries in the series since I'm that interested in the game right now. But going with your other subject, I haven't seen much of Anarchy Reigns but it is something that I'm paying some attention to right now.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

zzmondo wrote:
By direction, I was mostly talking about the development of the way the game itself plays as opposed to what was in mind initially when the game was MGS: Rising. I do understand MGS will remain a separate series and that the game is a spin-off which I personally like because, as you said before, it's a separate entity. My hopes are that if the game is good enough that there would possibly more entries in the series since I'm that interested in the game right now. But going with your other subject, I haven't seen much of Anarchy Reigns but it is something that I'm paying some attention to right now.

Gotcha. Yeah, I've read a few articles on it. Kojima's team seem to have a very narrow focus, they didn't seem able to flip to another style of game. Which is a shame, given Konami's past successes. I guess they lost most of their key people. The Treasure people, for instance. I'm really looking forward to Anarchy Reigns. Have you played Vanquish?

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

Sadly, I haven't played Vanquish but it's something I'm planning on picking up and playing very soon. A friend of mind I know has it though and said it's really good.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 3:46 pm

Definitely do that. It's a misunderstood classic. It looks like a Gears of War style cover shooter, but plays like a 2D shmup. The cover's only there to save you if you've made a mistake. I think what I'm saying here is don't play it like Gears otherwise you'll find it dull ;0)

This guy's got the right idea.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kC8HIMh-k[/youtube]

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

The first Metal Gear solid game was innovative in terms of stealth dynamics, character development and storyline in a video game, this game seems to be going in a different direction which unfortunately doesn't seem to be good for Franchise.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

I've got Vanquished! I've still yet to play it, Lost Odyssey first.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

DanRaccoon wrote:

That'll be quite a change in pace!

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:37 am

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:

That'll be quite a change in pace!

Wolfenstein, THEN I'll play Vanquish.