Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 5:52 am

Ooooh

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 7:15 am

Interested now, I really don't like DMC style super stylish hack and slash games (which I assumed this was going to be) but the trailer has me interested plus I love the Metal Gear universe. One of the few series out there for me that hasn't been ruined. The title song reminds of Tears for Fears.

I hope the actual game is good, engaging and interesting and not just a style over substance action game with "PRESS LEFT TRIGGER TO DO THIS SUPER COOL THING!! !", nothing I've seen has suggested this but I'm still cautious. Spent too long playing WoW since my last MGS game because all I could think of was how Kael'thas was talking then I realized it was Raiden.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 7:33 am

It's Platinum. It'll be Bayonetta with Raiden in the MGS universe, which is fine my me because Bayonetta was the finest example of this type of game so far. My only issue was with the art style, the characters, the music and the universe. Mechanically is was exceptional and superior to everything that had gone before, including Ninja Gaiden, which has sadly seems to have lost its way.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
It's Platinum. It'll be Bayonetta with Raiden in the MGS universe, which is fine my me because Bayonetta was the finest example of this type of game so far. My only issue was with the art style, the characters, the music and the universe. Mechanically is was exceptional and superior to everything that had gone before, including Ninja Gaiden, which has sadly seems to have lost its way.

I wouldn't try to compare this to Bayonetta too much. I played a finished that game and the whole thing was nuts in entire way through. This seems more tamer, calmer and more serious. Let's face it Bayonetta isn't serious at all, you'd just have to watch the opening to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2012, 4:50 am

Was about to post a MGR thread when I came across this one. New trailer for this game. It's in japanese but it's so awesome you won't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htSmSUaWtBE

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

I'm sorry to say, but I do hope this bombs badly. It's a complete disaster.
Ground Zeroes however, 8)

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

J-Greens wrote:

This is no bomb 8)

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2012, 11:43 pm

I am looking forward for Rising, looks fun and I love Raiden, fav character *hides in a box*

I am surprised

CuriousCallum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

J-Greens wrote:

Me too. Revengeance looks absolutely awful and I wish Kojima had kept faith in Matsuyama and his team, it might have taken longer than expected to be released but it appeared from the trailers that they were definitely going in the right direction, sometimes patience is a virtue.

Saying that though, I actually think this game will sell really well to gamers that are new to the Metal Gear universe and to those that perhaps aren't fans of Metal Gears traditional stealth gameplay.