How To Learn Social Skills with Asperger's - Need Feedback

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cookiemobsta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

Hi all,

I just wrote a new blog post on how to learn social skills with Asperger's Syndrome. I'm going to be submitting it to another blog, and it's my first time writing a guest post. Could you guys take a look at it and give me any feedback that you have? The post is here: http://improveyoursocialskills.com/how- ... -aspergers

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

I really don't think its as simple as "use reason to determine how to act".

One problem is that reason is based on recognizing and understanding one's own and other people's emotions. The algorithms are composed of human customs, and in a real situation this takes fast paced re-evaluation of all the emotional activity going on in everyone involved. People don't respond the same way everytime. One day you do something and everyone loves it and the next day you do it everyone hates it. So the third time you have the opportunity, its russian roulette. That's how it is.

To see that everyone should be introduced in order to share data of peoples names doesn't seem like something you can come to logically. Why do I need to know people's names?
Why do other people need to feel included?

Then, for the example, "If I do this action will it disrupt other students from learning?" Suppose I ask myself that, and then I recall how most of the time, other kids are doing things that disrupt my learning. Why is it okay for them to disrupt my learning? One is given the strong impression that there really is no rhyme or reason. Its however teacher's hormones are acting at the time, perhaps from what she ate for lunch. Same for everyone else.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2012, 12:50 am

The "Not So Aspie-Friendly Method"= scolding (noy just informed) your preschooler if she did something socially wrong, then taking her completely out of her comfort zone and having peers talk to her so she's have to answer if she didn't want to get in trouble by the teacher for being rude. Well, that's how I learned. It only made me wiser and stronger.