Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2006, 12:18 pm

I have perfect pitch

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 12:35 pm

im a savant in the sense that im 1337 in every single game ive ever played (not jokin, im in ESL clans top 20 kinda things)

on a serious note, in terms of actual savant things, none. im a quick reader, extremly good memory for random stuff and can remember long number sequences, but not with any savant type ability, i always have to make effort to remember, but once i do im not likely to forget it. but i have nothing which cud be considered 'savant'

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 1:29 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
SolaCatella wrote:
hyperion wrote:
Dart wrote:
Quote:
the abilitiy to read people(i spot liars and scum from a mile away w/o them saying or doing anything) and know what they are thinking

I thought that was an ability that Aspies lacked?

i can pick up on electromagnetic fields including human ones. if the person has evil in thier heart i will feel it and it wil make me feel ill. i could look at the person an within a second a numerical value for them will pop into my head

Excuse me, but I'm skeptical. "Evil in their heart?" How do you define evil? What the heck does 'electromagnetic fields' mean? Are you a throwback to that 'animal magnetism' drivel? No 'fense, but you come off as more than tad flakey. As for the 'numerical value' thing, what is that supposed to mean?

Me too sounds like something a parnoid schizophrenic would think. Anyway you can
implant a small powerfull rare earth magnet in an area of you body with alot of nerves
and detect electromagnetic fields, but you not going to detect any from a person.
Hell I would love to see a machine that could do that,that does not physical connect a wire to a body.

Believe what you will. Its basically a strongly honed empathic ability.
I used have a friend(possible aspie) who could do it to, he onced tried guess the color of my aura, he couldnt, I kept changing it. He could have simply made up any color but was instead speechless.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 1:41 pm

I reckon I've got above average skills in drawing,imitating accents and remembering
trivia (mostly useless but with the odd pearl of wisdom)

JonDevine
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2006, 1:45 pm

hyperion wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
SolaCatella wrote:
hyperion wrote:
Dart wrote:
Quote:
the abilitiy to read people(i spot liars and scum from a mile away w/o them saying or doing anything) and know what they are thinking

I thought that was an ability that Aspies lacked?

i can pick up on electromagnetic fields including human ones. if the person has evil in thier heart i will feel it and it wil make me feel ill. i could look at the person an within a second a numerical value for them will pop into my head

Excuse me, but I'm skeptical. "Evil in their heart?" How do you define evil? What the heck does 'electromagnetic fields' mean? Are you a throwback to that 'animal magnetism' drivel? No 'fense, but you come off as more than tad flakey. As for the 'numerical value' thing, what is that supposed to mean?

Me too sounds like something a parnoid schizophrenic would think. Anyway you can
implant a small powerfull rare earth magnet in an area of you body with alot of nerves
and detect electromagnetic fields, but you not going to detect any from a person.
Hell I would love to see a machine that could do that,that does not physical connect a wire to a body.

Believe what you will. Its basically a strongly honed empathic ability.
I used have a friend(possible aspie) who could do it to, he onced tried guess the color of my aura, he couldnt, I kept changing it. He could have simply made up any color but was instead speechless.

Ok, let me get this straight. You're an X-man? And another thing, I'm very very sure that Aspies have a large lack of empathy. That's kinda what makes the disorder isn't it?

And to stay on topic, the only thing I can even consider savantism for myself is my photographic memory.

Jon Devine, social correspondant

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 7:18 pm

I have an insane memory for words, poems, scientific articles... I'll NEVER forget the way a word is written, and can spell a word correctly without having heard it bofore. I do this because I break them down and understand the morphology without consciously trying to.

This manifested itself at 3 years of age when I learned to read the 2 languages I was exposed to (French and English), and memorizing the nursery rhymes I was reading.

Is that technically a savant skill?

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 10:43 pm

I have exceptional common sense skills according to people who assess me or know me.

That's the only ability I can list that's 100% confirmed by other people who observe me.

I doubt it's a savant skill because I'm not perfect with it.