Anyone like to write? books, poems, etc...

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:21 pm

ever since i've been writing a fiction/fantasy book. I'd like to meet others who enjoy similer things.

My books about a small town and the many people who live there, most of the characters have mental issues. and while I haven't yet made it obvious in the few chapters i've completed. the girl who is the main character does in fact have Aspergers. but she also has other mental issues as well (inculding suicidal behavoir) it's basicly an emotional story. or at least thats the idea.

anyone else care to share the basic idea's of creatrons they wrote or are writing?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

I write. I deliberately write people who are awkward around each other, and tend to have tension between them. But I don't say to the readers what their neurological condition or mental state is, so I'd admire it if anyone did come up with an analysis of what I write.

Last edited by Bun on 29 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

authorgrl28
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2012, 6:35 pm

Love to write so much, it's hard to get anything else done, especially homework and chores. UGH!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! Right now, my idea is about these three sisters who recieve a terrifying messege and go on a cross country road trip to figure it out. Well that's the general idea anyway. I figure I'll work out the details later, like after I've got all the characters sorted out and have had a chance to "meet" them so to speak. My main problem is getting side tracked with other ideas, like for a fanfiction, which is what is happening to me right now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well time to get back to it.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

I think your story sounds very interesting and I wish you luck in finding a publisher.

I like to write too but I am an awful fiction writer unless it is political.
I mostly write free verse poetry because rules and poem structure seem to kill me creativity.
Using metaphors is actually easy for me which is strange for an aspie.

I am thinking of writing a memoir of my life. It will be humorous and unusual for that style of writing.
I am tired of people writing fiction books about people with aspergers that are apathetic,humorless and emotionless.
If I were to write about my self I would hope to tear down the stereotypical walls.
Getting a publisher seems very hard so Maybe I should give up.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:38 pm

I use metaphors in poetry, but I use weird ones, which is acceptable in modern poetry (at least the definition I learned in school).

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:50 pm

I'm writing a fantasy story right now, actually. It's probably awful, but I love it anyhow. :P

I'm also terrible at summaries... I have the plot all drawn up and one chapter finished so far - four more in draft, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to briefly describe what the story is about.

Last edited by kestrel on 29 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

Well, I always have a bunch of different stories going at any one time.

There's:

1. A post-cyberpunk novel about a group of hackers in future Los Angeles, who get caught up in what becomes a major international terrorist plot.

2. A dark science-fantasy web series where a powerful dark mage, a cursed demoness, a bio-genetically engineered former supersoldier, and an angelic former prostitute become the center of a self-fulfilling doomsday prophecy set in motion almost a thousand years before the story takes place.

3. A post-cyberpunk movie about a top-secret military cyborg who ends up in the criminal underground with amnesia, and the government is desperately trying to hunt her down and get her back before the public finds out about her.

4. A post-apocalyptic science fiction movie about a man from the wasteland and a woman from one of the protected cities who become prototype bio-recombinant soldiers in order to combat a borderline-supernatural race of humanoid beings that appeared after the apocalypse.

5. A low fantasy novel about an prince whose exile sets in motion a doomsday prophecy only he is fully capable of preventing, with the help of a farmer's daughter, an old foreign warrior, and an ancient sword lost to time and memory.

6. A supernatural comic series about Death's mortal daughter, and her struggle to find her place in the world while helping the lost and the damned.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

i've written one book and have had articles published in 'mensa international' and some professional magazines. i also write about f1 racing/bicycle racing on several websites.

i tried for a year to find an agent/publisher for the book. no such luck. at every turn i would hear something like.....you need to know someone to get an interview/reading.

ended up self publishing which wasn't as expensive as i thought it would be. there are lots of self publishers/vanity publisher businesses to help writers but some of them are rip-offs......so beware to those who might try this approach.

keep writing.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:09 am

I have been doing a little writing by myself for a while, I guess I have had three main ideas, my favourite ideas are based on the idea of a person from normal life sudenly being thrust into a world with fantasy and magic with lots parts inspired from different mythology, media, supernaturel sightings etc.

My first idea with alternate earths, earth being the earth element and I was busy trying come up alternative cultures that I made it so rich that it became hard to start.

My second was designed to be more teen friendly, originally around the idea of magical school, with influence from magical girl genre (both genders), and around the myth of the nordic world tree. I was much better to come up with defining characters, but a lot based around quite a few races based around monsters in myth, and quite a lot of social comentery. I think I came up with some good ideas of cultures, making my own changes to established fiction ideas, worked on it for about a year on and off with 8.5 chapters written, a set timeline, a list of somewhere between 50 to 100 characters. I get afraid that my third person perspective and over rich universe makes it a bit confusing.

My most recent idea started about the 17th of January, I would say that I am almost finished my first chapter, I would say that it is largely based off older mythology that is largely forgotten, vampires being spirit possed corpses, angels having monstrous inhuman forms. The main focus on the dangers of single focuses on light and dark where even a supremecy of a one good could lead to disaster, I have some fun with it being first person perspective so it can purposly come off as vague, yet more personal, I plan on more mature themes. my experience so far with characters has let me make them more varied without having to be defined by a race with more deep history and psychological experiences.

I tend to have a habit of day dreaming of my universes, being inspired by different things where I make characters, story, and other ideas for the universe. Though I dislike my characters and creatures (vampires, werewolves, succubi) being too similar to already used in pop culture, yet also similar preset mythos.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 1:58 pm

Yes, I write. My characters are often victims of abuse. I suppose a lot of my writings are very dark, actually. I've not shared quite a bit if my short stories, though I suppose I should add some to my writing blog. Hmm...

I mostly write poetry and song lyrics, though. Those are often quite dark as well. Some of the darker ones I just don't share... or even read again after writing them.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 2:45 pm

I'm 4,000+ words into a fantasy novel starring an African warrior queen who teams up with an Anglo-Saxon barbarian to retake her throne from her usurping younger sister. It's planned to be action-packed and feature lots of dinosaurs!

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

Quote:
I'm 4,000+ words into a fantasy novel starring an African warrior queen who teams up with an Anglo-Saxon barbarian to retake her throne from her usurping younger sister. It's planned to be action-packed and feature lots of dinosaurs!

sounds pretty good to me, do you have any specific Dinosaur species in mind? I'm no where near 4,000 words on mine yet.
but if you are, I say keep up the good work!

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

Quote:
Yes, I write. My characters are often victims of abuse. I suppose a lot of my writings are very dark

hmmm... well, most of my characters have also been abused in their past. most of them were abused by their fathers. so I suppose there is a dark tone hidden in my book as well.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

transformingcar wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I write. My characters are often victims of abuse. I suppose a lot of my writings are very dark

hmmm... well, most of my characters have also been abused in their past. most of them were abused by their fathers. so I suppose there is a dark tone hidden in my book as well.

The abuse is usually closer to the time frame in which I'm writing. Sometimes, it's happening right then and other times they're just getting out of the situation.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2012, 5:13 pm

I write comics.

I mainly write crime comics as I have always loved the old noir stuff and that is where I focus my writing. I have played around with superhero books but I end up going back to noir books.

I also am collaborating with another writer open a comic book that focuses more on animal rights issues. This looks like it may be the one that actually will get to more shelves as opposed to the comic shop I work at. We just found an inker and a colorer so it is progressing fairly well.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

transformingcar wrote:
sounds pretty good to me, do you have any specific Dinosaur species in mind?

So far I have Velociraptor, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, and Brontosaurus, but more will be added (T. Rex included).