Do all people reject you (has this ever happened to you?)

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

northbrbrain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

Mayel wrote:
OJani wrote:
The above has a myriad of variants, the the most common thing about them is this pattern: I begin to form a relationship, reach some initial success, assume I can be more myself and drop some pretense, and eventually people come to dislike me and somehow I'm rejected or shunned (and most often than not they'd leave the odium of breaking up the relationship to me).

This happens quite often to me. Sometimes I even don't reach "success" at all,...just a good first impression and yes, after somehow feeling accepted I think I can be more like myself but as soon as this happens, people reject me.
It's difficult to find people who are tolerant and open enough, socially skilled, to tolerate and accept someone who's got a different "aura" than most or who interacts differently.

I can relate to this- it is the aura or vibe that is off, even after learning a few rote social skills. There are people that I know who are also on the spectrum but seem more 'obvious'- they are accepted more. Social skills (manually and mechanically learned) can be a curse in a way, especially if you feel your aura or vibe is still off. People just don't know what to make of me(i fear) and perhaps i come across as a weird NT with a bad personality or character defect or something

lease29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2012, 12:43 am

This is what happens to me and is a common thing when I have tried to make friends and meeting new people. I believe it is me not using correct non-verbal communication. My body language is off and my social skills are not good either. People cannot read me. People end up disliking me and I don't hear from them again if I have managed to meet up with them a few times so no long lasting relationships at the moment. The contact is very shortlived.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 12:51 am

It's hard for all people to reject you when you reject all people first. I'm winning! :twisted: .... 8O .... :roll: .... :cry: