Yes 33%  33%  [ 79 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 128 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 238

Concretebadger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2012, 6:32 pm

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it...I wouldn't sleep with someone unless I was comfortable enough with whatever it was that got the two of us to that point.

I just view it as a very...'special' thing, for want of a better word. Maybe 'personal' is more appropriate. The amount of intimacy involved is seems so high that I wouldn't get that far with somebody unless there was a real bond with her there in some form or another.

Maybe I'll end up having casual sex someday...the old 'one thing leads to another' scenario is impossible to predict, but still. Knowing what I know about myself and how I view my relationships with people close to me, casual sex isn't on my to-do list.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 3:03 am

The whole idea of sex turns me off a bit.

I think it should only be done if you feel an emotional connection with your partner.
That's just me and I have no problem with people that do have casual sex.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Bison554
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2012, 4:38 am

No thanks, I've tried and it just seems empty. That demisexual blurb you posted is an interesting notion, thanks!

Bison

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 7:39 am

I'm surprised to find more people said no than yes. Perhaps the world isn't as sex driven as I once feared.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

I'm married, but I've had my share back in the day. I don't see a problem with it. As long as both parties are single, and as long as both know it's only casual, who is it hurting? Of course I would strongly emphasise condom use, even though way back when we only needed them to prevent pregnancy.

Sometimes people need that physical pleasure and release. Sometimes when they need it they are single. If two single people who need and desire the same thing decide to do that thing together, other than on moral religious grounds, how is it hurting anyone? Everyone's religious beliefs and morals are their own business and many have different beliefs.

I say go for it if nobody is cheating or playing each other and you use protection.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

mkoberland

03 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

I would say yes, but don't think that I'm a horny, nonemotional Aspie. I am definitely not.

The reason why I say yes is because I'm a single virgin male who's 27, and there's a lot they don't tell you in sex ed that you need to know, once you mature. Mainly, for a guy in my position, not being sexually active at all can cause some health issues to set in, and they can be damn excruciating, physically, at times. A man's anatomy functions very differently from a woman's, and there's a lot of important stuff for later in life that is never touched upon in sex ed.

If you want to know more specifically, look at something called "Prostate Congestion." IT'S A b***h.

Hope I have not put out too much info, haha

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 12:14 am

I'm with you on this OP, the brain in my pants says yes but the one in my head says no.
If I were to have casual sex it would be with a normal low risk type girl, not some chick who goes out looking to get picked up every other weekend.
Not for any judgmental reason, I find party girls incredibly hot, I think I have a slightly exaggerated fear of STIs.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 12:56 am

Subotai wrote:
I'm with you on this OP, the brain in my pants says yes but the one in my head says no.
If I were to have casual sex it would be with a normal low risk type girl, not some chick who goes out looking to get picked up every other weekend.
Not for any judgmental reason, I find party girls incredibly hot, I think I have a slightly exaggerated fear of STIs.

but i like STIs

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 1:00 am

MXH wrote:
but i like STIs

2.0 (2.5 in North America) litre turbocharged 4 cylinder boxer engine with full time all wheel drive and (usually) a 6 speed manual transmission :D

I love Subaru's, perfect for Canada.

You will reap what you've sown.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 1:09 am

abacacus wrote:
MXH wrote:
but i like STIs

2.0 (2.5 in North America) litre turbocharged 4 cylinder boxer engine with full time all wheel drive and (usually) a 6 speed manual transmission :D

I love Subaru's, perfect for Canada.

STDs on the other hand...

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 1:14 am

No. I've tried it, and it was awful. Not the sex itself...that could range from good, to really terrible. It's the awkwardness of it, not knowing how to act afterward, not knowing what it means. I can't do anything casually. Not sex, not love, and not friendship either. If I spend time with someone at all, I have to be serious about it.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

No.

I am totally against casual sex of any kind. It run counter to everything I believe in.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

No. The idea of emotionless sex bothers me.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

No because most girls I can barely look in the eye, how could I have sex with them? I'd rather be with one at a time, get a chance to actually know them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

DamienScott

04 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

mkoberland wrote:
I would say yes, but don't think that I'm a horny, nonemotional Aspie. I am definitely not.

The reason why I say yes is because I'm a single virgin male who's 27, and there's a lot they don't tell you in sex ed that you need to know, once you mature. Mainly, for a guy in my position, not being sexually active at all can cause some health issues to set in, and they can be damn excruciating, physically, at times. A man's anatomy functions very differently from a woman's, and there's a lot of important stuff for later in life that is never touched upon in sex ed.

If you want to know more specifically, look at something called "Prostate Congestion." IT'S A b***h.

Hope I have not put out too much info, haha

They have an App for that... It's called Pr0n. :D

How do you save the world when the world doesn't want to be saved?

JanJan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

I think everyone wants that ultimate loving committed one on one connection for ever and ever amen, but there's nothing wrong with getting your rocks off if everyone is on the same page.