Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

I have very strong mood shifts and emotions. But I feel like I have an emotional 3 speed where "normal" people have a 10 or 20 speed. I feel anger, angst, and anxiety frequently. But I don't often feel more complex emotions. I am seldom resentful and envy is very foreign to me. Is cruelty an emotion? I have only felt that in relation to someone who abused me badly.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

I generally don't cry in front of people. It's because of how many times growing up I was called an embarrassment or "get over it".

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

izzeme wrote:
that is because we dint show our emotions "properly"; if we are sad, we don't start crying in someones arms, like a "normal" person would do, but we rather do some activity on our own.

I do but I am not your typical aspie.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 12:06 am

I've always wondered if we just show emotions differently than others, or if we also experience emotions differently. I saw a neuropsych once who said as a person with AS, I experience emotions differently. I never got a chance to ask him to elaborate on that.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

I hate generalizations. I have very deep emotions. But, on certain issues, I have very little empathy. I also have problems empathizing with people whose train of thought is so totally opposite of mine. That's just the way I'm wired. If an NT doesn't like it, tough! Get over it!

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2012, 4:56 am

I tend to have control over it most of the time, I can compartment-alize my emotions to not show when I believe emotions can get in the way, not that I don't FEEL those emotions I just choose not to display them, I care for people very much but at the same time tend to hate them a lot and Im not going to let my sympathy/empathy get in the way of a fair arguement or a complex situation.

YellowSpark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2012, 3:10 pm

My Emotions are very deep and complex often spiraling out of control then again I'm also Bi Polar which doesn't help as far as empathy goes I have to much and often suffer because of it.