Page 15 of 15 [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm

:roll:

The history of science is rife with cases of people who tried to force their prejudices into the data to make the world fit the theory.

People who believe in race are idiots who seize on tiny fragments of data to help shore up their fantasies about other people while willfully ignoring the vast oceans of data that disprove their sad, stupid theories.

It isn't worth discussing points with such people because they are willfully blind to all inconvenient evidence. I do sometimes find myself having eugenicist fantasies about them, though--maybe if we could just sterilize and liquidate all the racists, the world would be a better place... Perhaps the salafists and tea party nitwits and aryan nations nincompoops and their ilk are the product of some ghastly mutation we could test for and then cleanse away--and then I realize that idea is as silly as all the drivel these people trade in.

Goddard
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2013, 1:05 pm

Adamantium wrote:
:roll:

The history of science is rife with cases of people who tried to force their prejudices into the data to make the world fit the theory.

People who believe in race are idiots who seize on tiny fragments of data to help shore up their fantasies about other people while willfully ignoring the vast oceans of data that disprove their sad, stupid theories.

It isn't worth discussing points with such people because they are willfully blind to all inconvenient evidence. I do sometimes find myself having eugenicist fantasies about them, though--maybe if we could just sterilize and liquidate all the racists, the world would be a better place... Perhaps the salafists and tea party nitwits and aryan nations nincompoops and their ilk are the product of some ghastly mutation we could test for and then cleanse away--and then I realize that idea is as silly as all the drivel these people trade in.

Stupid people will are the only survivors in the near future, while the abstract morally superior as you will be blotted out of the map, good for the earth, good for the Africans, good for Asians, sorry dear. Good for all the people who can not feel their emotions Abstract cheap.
For people racist , no matter if you guys had supposedly gotten any evidence to support its theory false because they just do not want to live with people who are racially different from them . You , as a person supposed to be democratic as it says , should understand that not only aspies needing respect of society , but also those who aspire to maintain your lifestyle. Pushing mass immigration from third world that I live every day, for all the people of the U.S. and Europe, is the most vile action that i see in the end of the century , especially when those people are not asked if they would like it. Are being exposed to all sorts of social chaos and conflict. Especially aspies , who are extremely vulnerable .
While you supposedly advocates for the cause aspie , you 're blatantly lying , first , by its intransigence towards people who think differently from you ( denying the very central main of the autism cause that is the difference ) and second , by simply denying that people within the autism spectrum , much more exposed to all sorts of hostile behavior , especially originated by low IQS third world .
I agree with you that problematic people should be sterilized , when I refer to issues I speak of bad people, regardless of race. This includes the useful idiots like you.
I do no understand why you use the example of salafist, you believe in CNN???
The unique only problem of peace in Middle Eastern called Israel.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 Oct 2013, 1:18 pm

This thread is so full of racism I have no idea why it wasn't locked months ago.

Why did someone have to necro it? Why do we need 16 pages of tortured racist rationalizations?

Also, science is not a neutral entity incapable of bias. Scientists in the 18th and 19th centuries were not immune to racism (and racism was very much the prevailing thing then, much as it still is). Try looking up "drapetomania" for an example of scientific justification for racist BS.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:24 pm

A mostly incoherent ad hominem attack is no more persuasive than a well worded one.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:28 pm

Verdandi wrote:
This thread is so full of racism I have no idea why it wasn't locked months ago.

Why did someone have to necro it? Why do we need 16 pages of tortured racist rationalizations?

I like your use of "necro" here.

If ever there was an evil topic, shambling mindless across the land, looking for brains, but never making good use of them...

If only a caring mod would put a silver bullet through the brain pan of this long deceased collection of equine bones and decay!

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

I like your use of "necro" here.

If ever there was an evil topic, shambling mindless across the land, looking for brains, but never making good use of them...

If only a caring mod would put a silver bullet through the brain pan of this long deceased collection of equine bones and decay!

I posted in the mod attention thread. Hopefully it will be addressed. Scientific racism is no more valid or desirable than any other kind. And no less abhorrent.

Thread necromancy is traditional internet slang: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/thread_necromancy :)

Goddard
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2013, 1:51 pm

Verdandi wrote:

Also, science is not a neutral entity incapable of bias. Scientists in the 18th and 19th centuries were not immune to racism (and racism was very much the prevailing thing then, much as it still is). Try looking up "drapetomania" for an example of scientific justification for racist BS.

No, is full of true, always inconvenient true.
Now, you create a paradox, because if the science should be a ``neutral entity`` so it should be also accept the divergent results than LEFTOID IDEOLOGY but no.... :wink:

Galileu could be have the same sensation.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:57 pm

Goddard wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

No, is full of true, always inconvenient true.
Now, you create a paradox, because if the science should be a ``neutral entity`` so it should be also accept the divergent results than LEFTOID IDEOLOGY but no.... :wink:

Galileu could be have the same sensation.

Since you're too lazy, here's one of many examples of scientific racism that demonstrates that it is not a neutral entity, and just as driven by bias as any other human endeavor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapetomania

Quote:
In Diseases and Peculiarities of the Negro Race, Cartwright points out that the Bible calls for a slave to be submissive to his master, and by doing so, the slave will have no desire to run away.[4]

If the white man attempts to oppose the Deity's will, by trying to make the negro anything else than "the submissive knee-bender" (which the Almighty declared he should be), by trying to raise him to a level with himself, or by putting himself on an equality with the negro; or if he abuses the power which God has given him over his fellow-man, by being cruel to him, or punishing him in anger, or by neglecting to protect him from the wanton abuses of his fellow-servants and all others, or by denying him the usual comforts and necessaries of life, the negro will run away; but if he keeps him in the position that we learn from the Scriptures he was intended to occupy, that is, the position of submission; and if his master or overseer be kind and gracious in his hearing towards him, without condescension, and at the same time ministers to his physical wants, and protects him from abuses, the negro is spell-bound, and cannot run away.[4]

Cartwright described the disorder – which, he said, was "unknown to our medical authorities, although its diagnostic symptom, the absconding from service, is well known to our planters and overseers"[4] – in a paper delivered before the Medical Association of Louisiana[2]:291 that was widely reprinted.

He stated that the malady was a consequence of masters who "made themselves too familiar with [slaves], treating them as equals".[5]

If treated kindly, well fed and clothed, with fuel enough to keep a small fire burning all night--separated into families, each family having its own house--not permitted to run about at night to visit their neighbors, to receive visits or use intoxicating liquors, and not overworked or exposed too much to the weather, they are very easily governed--more so than any other people in the world. If any one or more of them, at any time, are inclined to raise their heads to a level with their master or overseer, humanity and their own good requires that they should be punished until they fall into that submissive state which was intended for them to occupy. They have only to be kept in that state, and treated like children to prevent and cure them from running away.[6]

Left the numbers from wikipedia in.

Do you see what this is? This is a scientist of his time describing black slaves who fled from slavery as mentally ill. As if there were something wrong with a human being for not wanting to be a slave, for wanting to be free. Of course, in that time, black people were not actually considered fully human. The science about black people in that time includes that dehumanizing bias.

So you can read this and understand it, or you can whine about "leftoid ideology" because you're apparently allergic to facts. What you do is obviously not my responsibility, but I do want others who read your comments to at least understand why you are not only wrong, but hateful as well.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm

Adamantium wrote:

Done. I can't think why this... thing was allowed to stagger on for so long.