I went to my first support group meeting

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 7:30 am

My average IQ is >130, my verbal IQ is about 200 (on the same level as Goethe's and Shakespeare's). Despite that fact, some NT doctors and other "authorities" on occasions have wanted to merge me together with mentally ret*d... :roll:

'Tis munny in my purse.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 1:52 am

MrMark wrote:
The 5 of you should set up your own group.

I think you're right. I've been talking with two of the others and we are thinking on how best to start our own group. The lady has a presentation on AS coming up next month so she was talking as using that as a launchpad for the group. I will still attend the next autism "parent's support" meeting to see if that other possibly AS lady shows up again so I can get her contact info and talk with her since we accidently ignored her last time. She really did sound like one of the gang. :)

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 2:02 am

Hale_Bopp that's basically how our meeting was with NT's treating us like we were ret*d morons. I believe all of us AS that were attending ironically are all college educated with one in graduate school and another with multiple degrees with two of us working workaholics (oh two have books published) :lol: Not exactly a group of two yr old acting idiots, but you wouldn't have known that by the way the parents and so called "professionals" were treating us.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 1:17 pm

That's exactly what I mean. If there should be something like an aspie support group at all, its leaders should be high functioning aspies themselves, not narrowminded mediocre NTs...

'Tis munny in my purse.