this stinks - no job at Arby's or McDonald's (even)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

Went to McD's about my electronic app - and from what I can tell, my electronic app didn't even make it through their filter, which determines if I meet their hiring criteria, such as availability, etc. She couldn't even see the app, and that IS the reason. I just checked; they still have the app online.
;
And I when I went to Arby's a couple days ago, the guy said they were looking for someone for mornings. Went again today, and the lady gave me a totally different story, probably because she saw the gaps in my work history.

What a load of s**t. I am ready now, and ticked off that I cannot get a job.

Mankey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

When you are looking for a job, your presentation is vital, also how you orate yourself towards the manager, and sadly, eye contact. Eye contact is difficult for us Aspies but is sadly they defining roll in if you get hired or not in these starter type jobs.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:24 pm

Mankey wrote:
When you are looking for a job, your presentation is vital, also how you orate yourself towards the manager, and sadly, eye contact. Eye contact is difficult for us Aspies but is sadly they defining roll in if you get hired or not in these starter type jobs.

I make pretty good eye contact; I just have a horrible gap in my employment record because of anxiety, depression, anxiety-based paranoia, and a little basic paranoia made it nearly impossible to have a regular paying job for almost 12 (!) years. Doing much better now.

Mankey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

Frieslander wrote:
Mankey wrote:

I make pretty good eye contact; I just have a horrible gap in my employment record because of anxiety, depression, anxiety-based paranoia, and a little basic paranoia made it nearly impossible to have a regular paying job for almost 12 (!) years. Doing much better now.

I had a 2 year gap because of similar things, in the 12 years were you doing anything that could be looked at as productive and admirable? Writing, art, music? All things that could be brought up in small talk with the employer if they question the time away.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

I volunteered at the zoo. I was thinking of using a zoo Animal Management Coordinator as reference.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

here you need to be mexican to work at mcdonalds. just about every mcdonalds here has a mexican dumping the fries.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 9:38 pm

Frieslander wrote:
. . . I make pretty good eye contact; I just have a horrible gap in my employment record because of anxiety, depression, anxiety-based paranoia, and a little basic paranoia made it nearly impossible to have a regular paying job for almost 12 (!) years. Doing much better now.

I hate to say it, but basically have a socially acceptable lie such as 'taking care of members of my family.' And that is often good enough, and maybe have one sentence prepared for back-up, and that's enough. Beyond that, it is your private business.

Still a numbers game, even more so in today's economy.