Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

Joe90 wrote:
-Don't wear sunglasses when it's in the middle of winter and you're wearing a hat, scarf, thick coat, gloves and thick boots (even if the sun is bright and the snow is bright on the ground)

I wear sunglasses whenever I leave the house during daylight hours regardless of the time of year or the weather.

One thing I do that is probably seen as "bad" is wear socks with sandals, or at least I used to until the elastic on the back of one of my sandals gave out and I don't wear them any more. If people don't like it too bad, they won't be the ones suffering with blisters if I go sockless.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

Joe90 wrote:
-Don't wear sunglasses when it's in the middle of winter and you're wearing a hat, scarf, thick coat, gloves and thick boots (even if the sun is bright and the snow is bright on the ground)

Where on earth did you get that one? Everyone I know around here wears sunglasses in the winter on sunny days. It's dangerous NOT to when there's a lot of snow, especially if you're driving. I'm in New England BTW.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 3:06 am

I agree, it is best to wear whatever makes you feel more comfortable as when you are more comfortable, you will feel more confident. However it is best to keep some rules in mind when dressing.

Quote:
What clothes you wear gives off a message about you.
If you wear bright clashing coloured clothes, perhaps intending to look confident, many people are likely to lose interest in you.

If you wear cowboy boots, ripped jeans, heavy metal tee shirts and a studded leather jacket people might either be too scared to come near you or will expect to be able to talk to you about heavy metal music systems, life on the streets and various different night clubs. It is a a very difficult image to pull off.

If you dress in natural colours such as blue, grey, dark-green, black or white which people cannot laugh at but still look trendy people will judge you on how you come across rather than what you are wearing which is likely to be what you need.

It is often a good idea to hear someone else's opinion about what you should wear (talk to someone who you can trust).