Page 2 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 12:19 am

Oh and the 'Faceless Man' (was that his name?) guy didn't make any sense to me.. I kept defying him and he didn't care.. but I suppose he had it all planned out that way.. blah blah blah.. yeah, ME2, in hindsight I like it even less :)

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 9:59 am

The Illusive Man.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

It's...almost...here...

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 10:32 am

I couldn't be any less enthusiastic after playing the demo. I played through ME2 twice and I think I've just about had enough. This just feels like more of the same. A power glove just isn't enough.

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2012, 3:43 am

Looks like it's another Dragon Age II:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

That's the PC user reviews but the console ones are also bad. I'm about an hour in and I'm already seeing major flaws, including the fact that so far the gameplay has comprised 50% of my time and cut-scenes and camera takeover the other 50%.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 6:12 am

Paulie_C wrote:
Looks like it's another Dragon Age II:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

Hmm I don't know how accurate or justified those user reviews are but every editor review seems to give it a high score, many have even given it 10/10 or 100/100.

I guess we can't expect anything as good or dynamic as Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect 1 but we all knew Mass Effect was going in the direction of being a corridor shooter with watered down role playing elements, I don't know why people are so surprised or upset but I guess I'll find out Friday.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360 ... ic-reviews

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2012, 7:19 am

User reviews tend to be more polarised but I feel their average represents gamers views as opposed to reviewers who are often paid for their scores (IGN & Official Xbox Mag, the latter I feel *has* to give ME3 a great score otherwise it would be bad for business as this is one of the year top sellers). The qualms I have so far after 1 1/2 hours of play are:

-Awful graphics, very washed out textures (PC)
-Awful facial animation
-Limited diaogue options
-'Emotional monents' that are nothing of the sort (often forced for the sake of trying to evoke an emotional response)
-Enemies are highlighted, even behind objects so you always know where they are (normal difficulty)
-'Press D to move to cover', as if am I not capable of moving to cover myself (this system automatically moves the player)
-A lot of QTE's that completely ruin the flow of the game
-A lot of 'camera takeover' (or in game cutscenes like in Crysis 2), taking away control from the gamer
-Invisible walls a plenty
-Too many scripted events, it seems EA just want us to watch a film rather than play a game and make our own choices (RPG mode)
-Day 1 DLC (inexcusable if they charge you for it, this is content that has been removed from the full game so they can charge you extra for it)
-2 different graphical options to change (Dynamic Shadows/AA), that's it for PC!
-Very limited RPG element like in ME2
-Dead enemies dissapear within seconds
-Planet scanning is back, in a different form, but still busy work
-Interacting with some NPC's also seems like busy work that is designed to forcibly extend the longitude of the game

Having said this there are a few good points, including:
-Excellent music (but it is copied and pasted from previous ME titles)
-Dialogue is well spoken (even if it is platitudinous at times)
-Taken in as a whole, the flaws are less noticeable
-I like the respites on the Citadel between missions (as in previous ME titles), it's a chance to catch your breath and prepare for another mission

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

I have beaten Mass Effect 3. Total Playtime: 19 Hours.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

I'm ten hours into it, and, so far, I'm having a blast.

Honestly, I've read the Metacritic user reviews, and most of them are just a bunch of nonsense. They have people whining and complaining about the inclusion of homosexuality, for Zog's sake. :roll: Bioware has, unfortunately, developed a following of trolls who stand ready to hate on each and every game they produce.

First, people need to stop acting like DA:O and ME1 were these awesome, innovative games that no other game can touch. When they initially hit the shelves, the same people were whining about the same old crap they're blubbering about now, and, furthermore, both titles DEFINITELY had their flaw. Secondly, please, get real: ME1 was a game with cut-scenes that featured running around, blasting aliens. Stop criticizing the series for being about cut-scenes and blasting aliens. It's like criticizing salads for having too many vegetables.

Good things:

--The role-paying elements are greatly improved along with the depth of the character interaction.

--Way better story than ME2.

--Cut-scenes roll smoothly into gameplay

--Shepard has a sword!! !!

Bad things:

--Graphics could be better

--Glitches. My imported Shepard went from a gruff Native American to a fat white guy. WTF?

--Game constantly being ragged on by whiny trolls.

Other than that, I'm perfectly happy. Bratty, "I'm so totally going to hate on everything mainstream," emo-kids can get bent.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 6:50 am

They made it so you can shoot through barriers and people with the right weapon and/or modifications. Best feature. The basic M-92 Mantis is a head popping, multiple people killing, barrier blind machine with AP ammunition.

It's pretty much just a continuation of Mass Effect 2 [in all ways] for the most part, which is a very good thing. I didn't like the combat of 1 (I played it before 2...).

Mordin makes me laugh.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 8:38 am

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

An Asian assassin with stylized hair and a katana. Why? Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

Have all three on 360 and the first two on PC. Working through ME 1 and 2 on 360 before I play the third on 360.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

I have been playing it for the last 3 days

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

What I've played so far has been great. If it wasn't for school taking up so much time I would probably be on my second playthrough by now. Lousy college! Why do you get in the way of Mass Effect!?

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 6:31 pm

What's everyone's favorite weapon and character so far?

Weapon, it has to be the N7 Crusader for me (comes with the N7 bonus gear). It's a shotgun that shoots a solid slug with high damage and accuracy (I like slug guns), so you can shoot dudes in the head and take them down easily, even on hardcore (the basic Cerberus assault trooper). It might change when I finally get the M-98 Widow anti-material rifle though. The Reaper Blackstar is a funky weapon in regards to its effect and power, but it's a one shot deal, kinda like a Reaper version of the M-920 Cain from ME2 (haven't run into the Cain in ME3 yet, so I don't know if it's there).

Character, it has to be Mordin. I love that guy.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

As an adept I only get to use a heavy and machine pistol, maximum recharge of my biotics is in important so I can keep popping out shockwaves, warps, and singularity, When I picked up Tali I at least got an energy drain so I can take shields down too. Well the Shuriken helps me get shileds down easilly, and has a lot of ammo.

I guess I have really enjoyed EDI, her really has developed some human like quirks, and works as both a straight man with Joker, but also making her own jokes, one of the best I think being about her "day of reckoning" with Legion. But I think the prize goes to Garrus in this game, he is filled with little jabs at previous games, like about his callibration, dancing, and my favourite being his "I am Garrus Vakarian and this is", the creators obviously knew about the previous bit of Shepard selling out.