Your attitude towards public exposure of human nipples?

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


What is your attitude towards public exposure of human nipples?
I am male: men, but not women, should be permitted to expose their nipples 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I am male: women, but not men, should be permitted to expose their nipples 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
I am male: both women and men should be permitted to expose their nipples 44%  44%  [ 20 ]
I am male: neither women nor men should be permitted to expose their nipples 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I am female: men, but not women, should be permitted to expose their nipples 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I am female: women, but not men, should be permitted to expose their nipples 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I am female: both women and men should be permitted to expose their nipples 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
I am female: neither women nor men should be permitted to expose their nipples 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Age:56
Posts: 9,629

26 Feb 2012, 8:00 pm

Well? Where do you stand on one of the great philosophical questions of the 21st century?

For the poll, I am talking about places where one might commonly see human male nipples in public, such as at a pool, beach, park or gym. Are female nipples really that terrible to behold? Or, are people just being sexist?

I am interested in seeing whether men and women differ in their outlooks on this portentious topic.



Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 440

26 Feb 2012, 8:04 pm

As much as I would like to say that I was taking a moral stance for gender equality, the truth is that I like looking at nipples.

With that in mind though, I've heard tell that bras have some manner of medical benefit. Are there any ladies that might be able to confirm or deny this statement?



TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jul 2010
Age:31
Posts: 29,512
Location: California

26 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

Nipples aren't dirty. I see no reason anyone should have to hide them as if they were.


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Age:26
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montréal

26 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

Women should be allowed to go topless, but they'll also have to stop bitching about guys staring at their chests.

Possible the amount of bewbs-related accidents may increase drastically


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Age:44
Posts: 2,177

26 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

Both genders should be allowed to be topless in public, but on one condition: Shave it before you shake it. Nothing against chest hair, but bearded nipples are an abomination in the eyes of the CrazyCatLord :eew: Other than that, there is nothing offensive about nipples.

Edited to add: I never understood the sexual arousal rationalization of anti-breast laws btw. I'm very attracted to bare feet and many other parts of the female body, but I don't expect women to walk around in beekeeper suits on my behalf. I'm perfectly able to control myself.



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Age:56
Posts: 9,629

26 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

I think that the principal force against female nipple exposure is the female fashion industry, which pressures women into spending gobs of money for the sake of creating illusions about, and drawing attention to, their bosoms.

If women were to purchase swim suits that didn't include the top portion, then profits on female swimsuits might be cut in half.



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Age:26
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montréal

26 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm

pandabear wrote:
I think that the principal force against female nipple exposure is the female fashion industry, which pressures women into spending gobs of money for the sake of creating illusions about, and drawing attention to, their bosoms.

If women were to purchase swim suits that didn't include the top portion, then profits on female swimsuits might be cut in half.


No, they would just double the price of the panty half :lol:


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 793

26 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Image

"If you get sweaty and want to take your shirt off, that would be just fine."



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Posts: 9,254
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

26 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Women should be allowed to go topless, but they'll also have to stop bitching about guys staring at their chests.

Possible the amount of bewbs-related accidents may increase drastically


It's actually their tits we stare at.

(mods: just put my terms of use warning with all the others)

:D



Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 440

26 Feb 2012, 8:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
(mods: just put my terms of use warning with all the others)


At the point where you start making these kinds of statements, you should be asking questions like, "How much do I like posting in these forums," and, "Is baiting the mods really all that good an idea?"



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Posts: 9,254
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

26 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
(mods: just put my terms of use warning with all the others)


At the point where you start making these kinds of statements, you should be asking questions like, "How much do I like posting in these forums," and, "Is baiting the mods really all that good an idea?"


I was teasing............. obviously.

A lot worse has been posted here.........trust me.
:roll:



pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Age:56
Posts: 9,629

26 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

One argument I saw in another section is that women's nipples are "sexualized", while male nipples are not. Therefore, the "sexualized" nipples need to be hidden from public view.

That argument makes no sense to me.

A similar line of logic might begin with the observation that a man's penis has a reproductive function, while a woman's clitoris does not; and lead to the conclusion that men should have to keep their penises concealed, while women should be permitted to expose their clitorises in public. Such an outcome would, I think, be just a sexist as the present rules of prudery which require women to keep their nipples ensconced.



Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Age:31
Posts: 12,816
Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

26 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

I am female and I pay so little attention to people that I probably wouldn't notice if they exposed their nipples.


_________________
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I


puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Age:28
Posts: 9,121
Location: Cottonopolis

26 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

I voted for neither to be able to show nipples. This is because I'm planning on going into the man-bra business.


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Age:56
Posts: 9,629

26 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
(mods: just put my terms of use warning with all the others)


At the point where you start making these kinds of statements, you should be asking questions like, "How much do I like posting in these forums," and, "Is baiting the mods really all that good an idea?"


I was teasing............. obviously.

A lot worse has been posted here.........trust me.
:roll:


If your eyes get scratched out by a Moderator, then you won't be able to see the nipples anyway, and the outcome of the poll will be moot. :lol:



Last edited by pandabear on 26 Feb 2012, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.