Everything I hear sounds like gibberish

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm

kestrel wrote:
Cogs wrote:
So nobody actually knows of a way of improving this?

I don't know if I'm typical in this sense, but I take adderall and it helps me quite a bit with this problem -- when I can afford the full monthly prescription. Lack of health insurance is diabolical.

What is adderall prescribed for? ADHD?

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:04 pm

Cogs wrote:
kestrel wrote:
Cogs wrote:
So nobody actually knows of a way of improving this?

I don't know if I'm typical in this sense, but I take adderall and it helps me quite a bit with this problem -- when I can afford the full monthly prescription. Lack of health insurance is diabolical.

What is adderall prescribed for? ADHD?

ADHD and ADD - yes, but it can be prescribed for a number of other things, as well.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 8:59 am

i have this problem too sometimes, only milder. listening to songs on the radio, or watching tv. i looked up the words to songs on the internet. i can understand most of the words but sometimes i dont get some of them no matter how hard i try. and on tv we have translation at the bottom and i'd usually watch this.
when people talk to me sometimes i dont catch a few words, and there's nothing wrong with my hearing. in fact, it's probably better than average. a little bit too much accent, a special way of talking, talking too fast, a bit of static if it's on the phone - everything throws me off.
if i understand the words sometimes i dont understand the meaning, but that doesnt happen much.
talking is a part of communication, and we have a problem with that.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

I once felt like that, but I was in Gibraltar at the time. ;)

Ba-doom tish!

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

I mix things up really badly. Talking, the fountain 100meters away, someone behind me flipping a book, music, car horns from the next block, it's a huge, tangled mess. Even on YouTube, yes. I have to pause the video in order to think my way through the dialogue, then continue.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:
I mix things up really badly. Talking, the fountain 100meters away, someone behind me flipping a book, music, car horns from the next block, it's a huge, tangled mess. Even on YouTube, yes. I have to pause the video in order to think my way through the dialogue, then continue.

Subtitled movies must be a nightmare. They are for me sometimes.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

Tequila wrote:
jamieevren1210 wrote:

Subtitled movies must be a nightmare. They are for me sometimes.

Any movie I watch must be subtitled. I can't even understand Chinese spoken in movies properly. :cry: