Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

I definately talk to myself, even replay conversations I've had with others back later to analyse them. Usually when alone but can annoy a boss when they tell you 'I never said that' To have every word replaid exactly with inflections.

I'm ok till I get into an argument and stop talking to myself, the voices in my head aren't good mediators. :wink: far too obsessed with clowns and carving knives :roll:

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2012, 11:53 am

On the positive side nowadays it's hard to tell if your on a blue tooth or talking to your self. :D

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

I talk to myself outloud, usually at home but also in the car. I used to drive mostly at night. I drive more during the day, my lips still move and I'm sure the people in my town must think I'm insane. A part doesn't give a s**t anymore what they think; a part of me wants to get out of here because they probably think I'm nuts haha.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

I talk to myself sometimes when I'm working on something. My whole family does that. I think it's partially a sign of intelligence; being about to verbalize thoughts as they come up in real time. At least that's my theory, anyway.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 4:30 pm

I talk to myself all the time. Most of the times I do it when I am alone so people don't think I am weirder than they already do. I think it is a form of mnemonic device for me as I remember things I hear easier than things I just think.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 4:09 am

I don't talk to myself at all. Maybe it is because I would have to come up with the words first and I can't do that. In regular conversation I am ok, though.

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2012, 9:30 am

I tend to have conversations in my head, but most of the time, I rehearse these conversations out loud as I pace around :P

One time, I was in my room and had forgotten to close the door and my mom came in somewhat silently behind me and heard me talking and said my name, so I whipped around with my eyes wide and it kind of freaked her out too. :oops: Ever since then, I've been cautious to close my door when I talk to myself.

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2012, 9:32 am

Another thing I want to add is that just thinking it isn't enough for me. I feel the need to physically voice these conversations and ideas. I feel like I can never organize my thoughts, so I need to write them or say them.

Matto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

Mine is more like a tic + echolalia if anything.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

I talk to myself in my head, constantly commenting on spontaneously arising thoughts and a lot of times those comments come out my mouth. Luckily I live with my schizophrenic mom who does the same thing so I don't feel so weird when I do it.

Daveytn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2015, 5:34 pm

I find I do this alot. I will make complete conversations with myself in most situations, mostly in my head, but sometimes I will think into a situation which i have recently been throught and I will accidently start saying it out loud but not at my normal volume of speech.

I find I seem to have more conversations with myself when I am anxious?