Page 4 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

gosferano
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

I'm talking to myself sometime too. Mostly silently, in my head, but sometimes in voice.
I think it's pretty good, when you don't have any friends to talk with, bu want to speak with someone.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Mar 2012, 7:09 pm

Just wait until you get caught talking to yourself. :nerdy:

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

c0bo wrote:
You know that saying the first signs of madness is when your talking to yourself and well recently I've started to talk to myself, I talk to myself when I'm alone or when I think I'm alone, I talk to myself randomly, sometimes ( a lot) I have full blown conversations with myself, sometimes I talk to the computer screen, sometimes I talk to myself in public and people stare which can be embarrassing, a lot of the times I don't realise I'm doing it and recently my Mum has noticed that I do it.

I think that's quite a weird interpretation.

My flatmate got worried about me talking to myself too much. And, well, I've done that all my life and I tried to suppress it and she does not get that suppressing it makes my life even more difficult.

All this obsession with "madness" is pretty ridiculous. Being scared of "madness" and suppressing everything that could possibly hint at madness creates the madness in the first place.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

ReBabar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2012, 10:43 am

rebbieh wrote:
ReBabar wrote:
rebbieh wrote:
I talk to myself all the time. When planning future conversations or just randomly and I often have monologues with myself just to ease my mind. I only do it when I'm alone though. Which happens a lot.

I do this too, every time I'm alone. It's something I only recently started doing, when I was i child I didn't talk to myself, I was barely speaking at all. Now that I'm starting to be more social (or at least I'm trying to be :lol: ) talking to myself is almost a necessity.
One of the things that I find more difficult doing when talking to someone, is to maintain a rhythm, the flow of a two way conversation, because usually my thoughts are not (entirely) verbal; practicing conversations beforehand is a good way to learn how to translate my thoughts in words.
Another reason why I started talking to myself is that, since I've always been very laconic, I need to improve the use I make of tone of voice and expression : )

Ha, I tend to practice conversations as well. The drawback with that is that if, during the actual conversation I've been practicing for, something goes wrong or something I haven't planned comes up I get all confused and can't really say what I wanted to say anyway. That ever happened to you?

From time to time it happens, but when I practice talking to myself I also make up many different answers both to look at the same topic/situation from different points of view and to minimize the chance of not knowing what to say; this works only to an extent (you can't plan beforehand every possible turn of the conversation) but I find that adopting different points of view while practicing conversations is a very good way to be able to shorten the time it would take me to answer an unexpected question : )

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

I talk to myself (unintentionally, of course). I write, and I like to plan out the conversations that my characters have. Most of the time I end up saying the dialogue aloud and I end up repeating a certain bit of dialogue. My mom thinks I'm crazy now. Eh. Too bad.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 12:05 am

When getting caught talking to yourself there is that awkward silence......... :oops: When I begin most my sentences talking to my self I start saying "lets see.... followed by whatever else I am going to say what my plan is for today etc. :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 2:01 am

I keep talking to myself and i am kind of addicted to it...most of the time i talk to myself or laugh alone...
my lil son finds it weird and he keeps asking me why i am doing that??

Piricuust
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2012, 5:04 am

Yes. All the time. I actually freak out a bit when someone says something I didn't anticipate.

EDIT: I don't really freak out I just freeze up for a moment sometimes.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:09 am

namaste wrote:
I keep talking to myself and i am kind of addicted to it...most of the time i talk to myself or laugh alone... my lil son finds it weird and he keeps asking me why i am doing that??

Having a 2 way argument on your own?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:11 am

TechnoDog wrote:
Having a 2 way argument on your own?

yes

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:16 am

Not loudly, but I'm currently dictating my own album reviews to myself, which I'm never going to write down.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:32 am

I do it in my head. But out loud I don't see the problem. Other than maybe a person not knowing about other learning styles.

As long as your processing info. Kinda like a person with a bluetooth ear piece in his ear lol

Play Acting, would be the same thing, playing both parts.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 5:48 am

Bun wrote:
Not loudly, but I'm currently dictating my own album reviews to myself, which I'm never going to write down.

Yeah, I do that occasionally, too. Not album reviews in particular, but sometimes I'd dictate diary entries in my head. Or anything that comes to my mind. ^^

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Shambles
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2012, 5:57 am

I've been talking to myself a lot recently, I actually thought I was going mad. It's usually sub-concious so I catch myself talking, but often I'm on my own when it happens.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 6:02 am

Shambles wrote:
I've been talking to myself a lot recently, I actually thought I was going mad. It's usually sub-concious so I catch myself talking, but often I'm on my own when it happens.

Yeah, I'm usually on my own, too. If I'm with other people, I usually notice when I start talking to myself.

And awwww: "I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I'm doing" - Jimmy Page

DreamyRocky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2012, 7:22 am

I have ADHD-PI and I have mental conversations with myself when I feel misunderstood. Internal monologue usually remains hidden in the subconscious mind, but can come up consciously when in stressful situations. For people with ADHD-PI, it's as if there's always constant mind chatter and internal monologue can be quite distracting.

Edit: When I'm alone and stress out, I may rant out loud too

Last edited by DreamyRocky on 02 Apr 2012, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.