How do I ask for this woman's address without seeming eager?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 8:51 am

Janissy wrote:
Alienboy wrote:
Ok well not to sound like some sort of manwhore, but I am sexually attracted to her. She said I was handsome and sexy too. I don't want to just have sex with her. I want a relationship...but I will be honest...I want to have sex with her too. She is really hot and is friendly too. She showed interest in me sexually as well. So...would asking for an address still be creepy in this situation?

Do not ask for her address. The best you can hope for after you ask that is that she says no. But she's more likely to simply cut off contact.

Really? Because the last woman I met on plenty of fish...gave me her address after I asked her for it. If the woman wants to have sex with me...she would still possibly say no or cut contact?

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

You haven't even met her yet, and you only made initial contact, what, less than 24 hours ago?

Why the big obsession about finding out where she lives?

It doesn't make you sound eager, it makes you sound creepy and controlling. People have explained why she wouldn't give out her home address to strangers, but you can't seem to accept that.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 9:10 am

boblol wrote:
edit: mod removed

This is obviously not to be taken seriously. I am attracted to this woman and there is nothing wrong with asking for advice to avoid possibly screwing something up. I could ask her to meet up with me for coffee...but I am pretty sure there is something else we both want more than a cup of coffee. I have already gotten an address from a woman in the past just by asking confidently...I might just go with that again. If you all are indeed correct and she doesn't give me the address that is fine. I will ask her out for ramen (since she is Japanese and we love ramen).

Last edited by Alienboy on 07 Mar 2012, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

boblol wrote:

Yeah ramen is good. You should try it sometime...do you like Japanese food? Yeah, there are some strange sex practices in Japan. This post may make me seem desperate for this woman's address, but I'm not. I just like her a lot and I am really attracted to her. She seems to feel the same way. I guess I will just find out later just how interested she is. Some people on plenty of fish like to play games.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:19 am

Alienboy wrote:
I met this beautiful Japanese woman on plenty of fish earlier tonight and we got to chatting for a little while. She told me that I am very handsome and I told her that I think she is very beautiful and cute. She is 31 years old and has been living in LA for about 5 years now so her English is really good. Anyway, after chatting with her for a while I asked her if we could exchange numbers and she said maybe next time. Then I asked if email was alright instead and she said that was alright. Really wanting to actually hear her voice and talk to her, I asked to exchange numbers a little more confidently and she said ok. I gave her my number (via chat) and she called me. I talked about possibly meeting up with her later this week and she said alright. Then she said I could text her anytime. I told her it was very nice meeting her and wished her a goodnight. I know it seems strange that I am even asking this question as things went pretty well so far. I just sometimes don't know how to ask for a women's address without coming off as desperate, over-eager, too direct, creepy, etc. Her car is in the shop for a while, so I would need to either pick her up at her place or hangout with her at her place. She did say alright when I asked her about meeting up later this week and possibly even tomorrow, so I am mainly asking for suggestions from the women on here about how I should ask her for her address? Like how should I word it? I would assume I would just casually ask in calm manner and she would give it to me, but sometimes even that has made women I met hesitant. It is really strange I know, but it has happened even with women who said I was really handsome. I am really attracted to this woman and I really don't want to mess anything up.

Unless you want her to cease contact with you altogether, don't ask for her address.

Offer to take her out on a date in a public environment, there is public transport available for you to meet her somewhere, offering to pick her up this early makes you look over-controlling. If suggested date happens to go well and sparks start to fly, see where it goes from there. If she wants to give you her address (not that she should for reasons already explained by other posters) then she will do in her own time.

It sounds like you're onto something good here so don't let over-eagerness get the better of you.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

Last edited by Daemonic-Jackal on 07 Mar 2012, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

Daemonic-Jackal wrote:
Alienboy wrote:
I met this beautiful Japanese woman on plenty of fish earlier tonight and we got to chatting for a little while. She told me that I am very handsome and I told her that I think she is very beautiful and cute. She is 31 years old and has been living in LA for about 5 years now so her English is really good. Anyway, after chatting with her for a while I asked her if we could exchange numbers and she said maybe next time. Then I asked if email was alright instead and she said that was alright. Really wanting to actually hear her voice and talk to her, I asked to exchange numbers a little more confidently and she said ok. I gave her my number (via chat) and she called me. I talked about possibly meeting up with her later this week and she said alright. Then she said I could text her anytime. I told her it was very nice meeting her and wished her a goodnight. I know it seems strange that I am even asking this question as things went pretty well so far. I just sometimes don't know how to ask for a women's address without coming off as desperate, over-eager, too direct, creepy, etc. Her car is in the shop for a while, so I would need to either pick her up at her place or hangout with her at her place. She did say alright when I asked her about meeting up later this week and possibly even tomorrow, so I am mainly asking for suggestions from the women on here about how I should ask her for her address? Like how should I word it? I would assume I would just casually ask in calm manner and she would give it to me, but sometimes even that has made women I met hesitant. It is really strange I know, but it has happened even with women who said I was really handsome. I am really attracted to this woman and I really don't want to mess anything up.

Unless you want her to cease contact with you altogether, don't ask for her address.

Offer to take her out on a date in a public environment, there is public transport available for you to meet it her somewhere, offering to pick her up this early makes you look over-controlling. If suggested date happens to go well and sparks start to fly, see where it goes from there. If she wants to give you her address (not that she should for reasons already explained by other posters) then she will do in her own time.

It sounds like you're onto something good here so don't let over-eagerness get the better of you.

Yeah it does sound like something amazingly good. I'll just ask her out on a dinner date and just go from there. She even said she wants to have sex though...but maybe some woman don't mean what they say in the heat of a webcam chat lol.

boblol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2012, 9:27 am

Alienboy wrote:
boblol wrote:

Yeah ramen is good. You should try it sometime...do you like Japanese food? Yeah, there are some strange sex practices in Japan. This post may make me seem desperate for this woman's address, but I'm not. I just like her a lot and I am really attracted to her. She seems to feel the same way. I guess I will just find out later just how interested she is. Some people on plenty of fish like to play games.

Yeah im a big fan of japanese culture .

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:27 am

Why don't you give her your address?

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 9:34 am

Marcia wrote:

I am living with my mom...who is a HUGE packrat. Good thing I will be moving in with a friend next month. Otherwise, I would have just given her my address. My life is usually complicated.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:58 am

Alienboy wrote:
Marcia wrote:

I am living with my mom...who is a HUGE packrat. Good thing I will be moving in with a friend next month. Otherwise, I would have just given her my address. My life is usually complicated.

Fair enough - just the knowledge that a man was the progeny of a massive rodent would be enough to give me second thoughts, and actually meeting the vast maternal rodent would be altogether too much!

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

Marcia wrote:
Alienboy wrote:
Marcia wrote:

Fair enough - just the knowledge that a man was the progeny of a massive rodent would be enough to give me second thoughts, and actually meeting the vast maternal rodent would be altogether too much!

LOL! Don't worry. I am nothing like my mom. As in I am not a pack rat. My bedroom is kept really neat and organized and then you take one step outside my room and then its like box city.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

i removed a few of posts that were inappropriate for this forum, just FYI. Alienboy, the point at which you should ask for a woman's address is... never. seriously. if you need to pick her up or drop her off for some reason, she will spontaneously give you her address because she is smart enough to realise you would need it. there is absolutely no reason for you to ask for it ever, at all.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i removed a few of posts that were inappropriate for this forum, just FYI. Alienboy, the point at which you should ask for a woman's address is... never. seriously. if you need to pick her up or drop her off for some reason, she will spontaneously give you her address because she is smart enough to realise you would need it. there is absolutely no reason for you to ask for it ever, at all.

Well I would want to have sex with her lol. She has expressed she is interested in that too. I'm not going to have sex with her in my car...if her house is a possibility. That is all I'm saying. So we just meet up for dinner and then I guess we can see if going back to her place is a possibility.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

Don't ask for someone's address unless it comes with a reason.

If it's November or December and you're wanting to put them on your Christmas card list, ask for a mailing address, and tell them why.

If they've invited you over and neglected to tell you where they live, ask.

If you've arranged to pick them up at their house, and they've neglected to tell you where they live, ask.

Notice in the latter two scenarios, you are only asking because she forgot to tell you. And in the first scenario, it might not be their physical address. And it's the wrong time of year for that.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 10:50 am

Mysty wrote:
Don't ask for someone's address unless it comes with a reason.

If it's November or December and you're wanting to put them on your Christmas card list, ask for a mailing address, and tell them why.

If they've invited you over and neglected to tell you where they live, ask.

If you've arranged to pick them up at their house, and they've neglected to tell you where they live, ask.

Notice in the latter two scenarios, you are only asking because she forgot to tell you. And in the first scenario, it might not be their physical address. And it's the wrong time of year for that.

How is sex not a legitimate reason? I am not trying to argue at all. I am seriously wondering why going to a woman's house (who likes me a lot by the way) for sex as the reason...is somehow wrong?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

Alienboy wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Well I would want to have sex with her lol. She has expressed she is interested in that too. I'm not going to have sex with her in my car...if her house is a possibility. That is all I'm saying. So we just meet up for dinner and then I guess we can see if going back to her place is a possibility.

so you want to know her address in order to... have sex with her? do you know just how scary this sounds?

seriously, when you two meet, just try to be charming and all and *do not* mention having sex or going to her place or anything like that. if you do, you'll ruin it completely. let her decide. and even if she invites you over to her place, by all means do go and have a good time (wink wink) but for god's sake don't write her address down with her present.