Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Hawkx
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

I've noticed that I'm starting to become easily agitated. I'm sick and tired of commuting 4 freakin hours a day to college. I told my imbecile parents that I can't keep up anymore and that I have to move closer but they are stubborn.

Im also angry about the fact that I have no one similar to talk to. I'm sick and tired of people talking on the train about their stupid social life with their simplistic sentence construction. Especially the obnoxious talk on the phone. I just want to go back to my narrow minded focus, which is to study as much as I can to learn more.

Not only that but my inability to connect to someone on another level infuriates me. I want to be able to have a girlfriend who I can talk to and feel close to. I feel like I'm a failure and a waste. Sometimes I want to bang my head on the wall and retreat into my room.

My recent grades in college are, 103 (avg. 85) on my biology exam and a 93 (avg. 72) on my chemistry exam. I go to a prestigious engineering school. I've also got a quiz back, I got a 7/10 and I still felt like a failure even though I was very successful on my exams(which count more than quizzes).

I just want to go back to my narrow minded focus on studying but everything I've mentioned above really upsets me. What can I do to feel better? Should I visit my psychologist? Does anyone else have similar issues?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:16 pm

Uhh, I'd be going crazy as well if I was commuting 4 hours to school. Is it 4 hours each way? I went crazy enough commuting when I was in college.

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

sounds familiar.

I think I end up spending more time commuting and recovering from commutes than I do studying. my parents have given all my siblings cars except me.

i'm thinking about moving to Antartica

Hawkx
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

Merculangelo wrote:
sounds familiar.

I think I end up spending more time commuting and recovering from commutes than I do studying. my parents have given all my siblings cars except me.

i'm thinking about moving to Antartica

sounds very similar to me and my thoughts....
I was even contemplating about living in a house that would be located on top of a mountain. All I would see is beautiful white snow.

Because of this commuting issue I too have to recoup by sleeping a lot and I just think its very inefficient. Plus I got depressed commuting to school in my first semester, that's when I got diagnosed with aspergers. Im also unwilling to get a car.

For your information, I never told my parents that I have aspergers. Even if I did they would either get angry or ignore me.