and an another wake up call for some others here....

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The guy in that article looks like a freak of nature. I bet he can't reach his own back with a washcloth because his biceps get in the way. Do women really go for this look? In my opinion, it's the male equivalent of ridiculously large breast implants.

do you mean this image?

I dont think he looks freaky, I think he looks nice. I like athletic/fit looking men.

But all women like different types so it doesnt matter how you look as someone will like the style you have.

Yes, that's the guy. He looks like a steroid victim. You never see such an extreme muscle development in men who live a perfectly natural, species-appropriate life, such as extant hunter-gatherers. No matter if Masaai warriors, Indigenous Australians or Amazon Indians, they all have a rather slim build without massive biceps. The guy in the photo doesn't look human anymore, imho. I view this kind of body as the male version of Dolly Buster.

I agree, EVERY guy i know in the gym who looks like this is either taking steroids or crazy amount of protein supplements. Even the guys that women THINK of them as "normally athletic", healthy and attractive aren't really healthy at all...

But from the reactions of the two ladies here, and those i see in real life, I can see (yet I wouldn't follow) why they take them, as much as I can see why plenty of women get breast enhancement. They're simply effective in attracting more attention.

Women think that men are fool because they often fail in detecting fake female beauty, weeeeellll, ladies, you are not better at all.....I am seeing it's 100% the same for the women too when it comes to the fake male beauty, I am seeing it all the time.

well i dont agree with you. I trained as a fitness instructor and personal trainer and Ive met and been friends with lots of amateur natural body builders who did not take steroids or eat unhealthy and yet look very much like this chap in the photo. People are very variable in how much muscle they gain, for example i gain muscle really easily and can only do palates or i get far too chunky, where as others are 'hard gainers'.

In my experience of dating skinny men, they ate less than me and often forgot to eat and when pestered by me to eat properly and work out did gain muscle but they could not maintain it as they would not make themselves eat when they were not hungry as they were people with a small appetite, they also were not consistent with their weight lifting. I have the opposite problem of a big appetite and need to not eat when i am hungry, where as skinny men need to eat when they dont feel hungry (if they want to gain muscle).

But as I said before people like different shapes and sizes so I would not worry about it if i were you as someone will like your shape, i had many men interested in me when I was a size 8-10 and when I was a size 24, people have varying tastes.

its not as if the man in the photo looks like Jay Cutler, I could understand what you were saying if he looked like him but he simply doesnt.

Raven, they only tell their male buddies what they really take ;).

think what you like.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The guy in that article looks like a freak of nature. I bet he can't reach his own back with a washcloth because his biceps get in the way. Do women really go for this look? In my opinion, it's the male equivalent of ridiculously large breast implants.

do you mean this image?

I dont think he looks freaky, I think he looks nice. I like athletic/fit looking men.

But all women like different types so it doesnt matter how you look as someone will like the style you have.

Yes, that's the guy. He looks like a steroid victim. You never see such an extreme muscle development in men who live a perfectly natural, species-appropriate life, such as extant hunter-gatherers. No matter if Masaai warriors, Indigenous Australians or Amazon Indians, they all have a rather slim build without massive biceps. The guy in the photo doesn't look human anymore, imho. I view this kind of body as the male version of Dolly Buster.

I agree, EVERY guy i know in the gym who looks like this is either taking steroids or crazy amount of protein supplements. Even the guys that women THINK of them as "normally athletic", healthy and attractive aren't really healthy at all...

But from the reactions of the two ladies here, and those i see in real life, I can see (yet I wouldn't follow) why they take them, as much as I can see why plenty of women get breast enhancement. They're simply effective in attracting more attention.

Women think that men are fool because they often fail in detecting fake female beauty, weeeeellll, ladies, you are not better at all.....I am seeing it's 100% the same for the women too when it comes to the fake male beauty, I am seeing it all the time.

well i dont agree with you. I trained as a fitness instructor and personal trainer and Ive met and been friends with lots of amateur natural body builders who did not take steroids or eat unhealthy and yet look very much like this chap in the photo. People are very variable in how much muscle they gain, for example i gain muscle really easily and can only do palates or i get far too chunky, where as others are 'hard gainers'.

In my experience of dating skinny men, they ate less than me and often forgot to eat and when pestered by me to eat properly and work out did gain muscle but they could not maintain it as they would not make themselves eat when they were not hungry as they were people with a small appetite, they also were not consistent with their weight lifting. I have the opposite problem of a big appetite and need to not eat when i am hungry, where as skinny men need to eat when they dont feel hungry (if they want to gain muscle).

But as I said before people like different shapes and sizes so I would not worry about it if i were you as someone will like your shape, i had many men interested in me when I was a size 8-10 and when I was a size 24, people have varying tastes.

its not as if the man in the photo looks like Jay Cutler, I could understand what you were saying if he looked like him but he simply doesnt.

think what you like.

Just shaking you a bit to wake you up, there are a lot of little things that guys tell each other away from girls.

And this is one of them.

Hell, even the huge coach in my gym takes nitrotech. And every huge muscled guy (like the one in the pic) is asking me things like "are you taking proteins? what are you taking? you should take some!".

My male coach ended up taking meds for kidneys, and so other few guys had problems in having stones in kidneys.

However, they NEVER mention these things in front of girls.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 15 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

do you mean this image?

think what you like.

Just shaking you a bit to wake up, there are a lot of little things that guys tell each other away from girls.

And this is one of them.

Hell, even the huge coach in my gym takes nitrotech. And every huge muscled guy (like the one in the pic) is asking me things like "are you taking proteins? what are you taking? you should take some!".

My male coach ended up taking meds for kidneys, and so other few guys had problems in having stones in kidneys.

However Brighton is not Lebanon.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:03 pm

The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

do you mean this image?

think what you like.

Just shaking you a bit to wake up, there are a lot of little things that guys tell each other away from girls.

And this is one of them.

Yea, because it's the Middle-East that invented these products and made them mainstream among the gym guys (and this huge muscle obsession). / sarcasm.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 15 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

boo, Ive known so many men really well, Ive trained with them for long periods of time, Ive studied with them. Ive met many men who do take steroids and many men who think you have to eat loads of protein, but they were ignorant chavs and often did not get as good results anyway. And ive met many men who do natural body building and eat healthy and achieve good results, ive even met a number of vegan bodybuilders.

just cos the men in your gym are stupid and unhealthy does not mean all men in all gyms are.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

Um, you can usually *totally* tell when someone's juicing.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

do you mean this image?

think what you like.

And this is one of them.

Yea, because it's the Middle-East who invented these products and made them mainstream among the gym guys (and this huge muscle obsession). / sarcasm.

I was referring to the not disclosing to girls remarks.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm

The-Raven wrote:
boo, Ive known so many men really well, Ive trained with them for long periods of time, Ive studied with them. Ive met many men who do take steroids and many men who think you have to eat loads of protein, but they were ignorant chavs and often did not get as good results anyway. And ive met many men who do natural body building and eat healthy and achieve good results, ive even met a number of vegan bodybuilders.

just cos the men in your gym are stupid and unhealthy does not mean all men in all gyms are.

the percentage of stupid to informed is very f*****g wide to be honest. Im with boo on this one. idk if its that they dont tell or just nobody asks.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

boo, fitness and bodybuilding has been my interest for 20 years, youve been in a gym for a few months and clearly know more than me, think what you like im not wasting any more time on you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:36 pm

The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

do you mean this image?

think what you like.

And this is one of them.

Yea, because it's the Middle-East who invented these products and made them mainstream among the gym guys (and this huge muscle obsession). / sarcasm.

I was referring to the not disclosing to girls remarks.

oh, no, i think this is quite universal.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 6:50 pm

Alright. Can we stop the quote treeing please?

AQ: 33

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 8:01 am

justalouise wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:
I think it's pretty sad for someone to spend money and hours and hours of their time on self improvement just to get the girls. Wouldn't it be better to do this for yourself rather than to just get laid?

Plus that whole acting-like-you're-doing-it-for-yourself-and-not-to-impress-girls thing really impresses the girls.

BAM!

I believe I have been owned D:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
justalouise wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:
I think it's pretty sad for someone to spend money and hours and hours of their time on self improvement just to get the girls. Wouldn't it be better to do this for yourself rather than to just get laid?

Plus that whole acting-like-you're-doing-it-for-yourself-and-not-to-impress-girls thing really impresses the girls.

BAM!

I believe I have been owned D:

Lol, its the same. People can motive-monger all they want, it doesn't matter. You'd really rather do it for yourself because the motivation actually lasts. OTOH if someone is doing something just for the girls they have to wake up and realize that if they have to try that hard women weren't going to like them before and probably aren't going to be significantly more interested now or even further down the road - that's just them. What a guy has can help but it won't make a night and day difference; they either like you or they don't.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tom5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

I don't like gyms.

Once I went to a gym and was being bullied and ridiculed for being "chubby". Gym bullies are a problem. That is why I don't like gyms.

Last edited by Tom5 on 18 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Tom5 wrote:
I don't like gyms.

Once I went to a gym and was being bullied and ridiculed for being overweight. Gym bullies are a problem. That is why I don't like gyms.

http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/011601.htm

I face few gym bullies too, they will always exist there especially in the weight lifting section.

They don't physically bully me but they often make silly remarks about my slim physique.

I just ignore them.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

Going to a gym is good. It won't change things overnight, but getting in shape and having a decent physique will come in handy when the woman does come along.